Random pics & chatter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
More closures 🤬
Sprouts Farmers Market is closing 10 stores. Here's where and why
https://www.azcentral.com/story/mon...osing-10-us-stores-where-and-why/69985893007/
Man I love Sprouts, didn't start going there till I moved to OK.; however when I was a kid and it was called Bonnies we use to go there, my grandma would trade boysenberries, tangerines and other citrus for store credit when we lived in SoCal.

They have a good vision of keeping 1/3 of the store on sale to make healthy food affordable. Plus they are the only place I can find Sockeye Salmon here (friends don't let friends eat farmed salmon).

The only negative is sometimes I smell hippies there.

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used Sprouts Grocery for the first time last week after consistently finding spoiled onions (both red & yellow) from Crest Foods over the last few trips I've made there. The items I've gotten at Sprouts, though a little more expensive, seem to be of better/fresher quality, but time will tell.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Asparagus is up! Young crowns always seem to pop up first, followed by the mature jersey giants.

5F6D74B3-C07B-49C5-BC2D-AE187EDBA01F.jpeg

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got some fruit trees and black and boysen berries in the mail. Arrived a little earlier than expected. I gottem heeled in in the shade while I make arrangements

Green gage plum
Arkansas Black apple
Elefant heart plum, this one is starting to break bud.

Wish I had ordered some root stock, these came with a good amount of scion wood. I may still have time.

The apple came absolutely perfect for espallier though

IMG_20230311_101906.jpg

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got some fruit trees and black and boysen berries in the mail. Arrived a little earlier than expected. I gottem heeled in in the shade while I make arrangements

Green gage plum
Arkansas Black apple

Wish I had ordered some root stock, these came with a good amount of scion wood. I may still have time.

View attachment 356480
I had to prune a plum tree I got, rootstock would have been nice.
For some reason I had it in my head I was pruning a nectarine. Think those plum grafts will take on my peach tree 😂

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had to prune a plum tree I got, rootstock would have been nice.
For some reason I had it in my head I was pruning a nectarine. Think those plum grafts will take on my peach tree 😂
Plum should be able to graft to peach and vice versa

Also plums usually do ok on their own roots. I might just stick them in a sand bed and see what they do

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Green gage plum
Arkansas Black apple

View attachment 356480
👍, I got 1lb of turmeric rhizomes and 2 starts yesterday. Planted the starts and will wet place the rhizomes before long. I have hope of leaving it inground as I see from Wayland Smalley deep mulch gardening. Every year is a new adventure .

Latest posts

Top Bottom