Range memberships - US Shooting Academy and Fouled Bore

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe in the post he quoted? I think I’ve seen that posted here in the past, but I haven’t really kept up on the subject.
I started shooting at the USSA when they first allowed non lawenforcment people to use it, that was when the original owner was alive, you had to go through their training class's and go out with one of their trainers and demonstrate your ability to handle the type firearm you intended using.

Now that was around i am guessing 25 years ago i bought a cupon membership to use 12 times during one year, back then they had employees driving ATVs watching everyone if they saw something they did not like they would stop and ***** about it.

Last time i went i just paid $20 for a daytime shoot you do sign a waiver but thats a normal item today not a big deal, when finished you come back in and checked out, I always went as far east on the shooting lines as i could go and be near a potapoty, and just set up and shot what ever i wanted to shoot never saw anyone all the time i was there.

The owner today being as i am a Veteran we always got along fine also his Wife is a very nice person very helpful.

I don't think anyone today has anything to fear in doing their shooting at the USSA range.

Attachments

• Old USSA Membership.jpg.JPG
    Old USSA Membership.jpg.JPG
    677.4 KB · Views: 0

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://usshootingacademy.com/wp-con...11-USSA-Hold-Harmless-Waiver-rev-Oct-2022.pdf
Bottom of the waiver is range rules. It just says no picking up brass that is not yours. Lot's of folks don't police their brass and some folks go hog wild and clean the range. Abandoned brass is money to the range.
That must be at the handgun part of the range, i only shoot at the rifle part but i also shoot my hand guns there also and have never seen anyone having any type of problem there.

Meadhall Range

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Folks something to consider when complaining about "crazy range people" or "safety nazi's" is that it works both ways. Ranges see a LOT of people that "THINK" they know what they are doing and are unsafe as hell and a danger to others. SO yeah....most of the time range rules are there because of Those People and stupid insurance companies. The insurance company doesn't want to pay out and the range doesn't want to get sued because you are stupid/unsafe and don't know it. :)
As to the brass I can only speak to how I handle it here. If you are putting it on the ground you need to be an adult and pick it up so it is clean for the next person. If you want to take your brass home with you, cool. I am not going to count how many rounds you shot vs how many you are taking, but you don't get to take all of it. :) Every range is different, a public range the brass might be a significant factor in revenue for scrap. Here the brass is a very, very small bit because we are not open to the public but over time it can add up to at least something.
Another factor I see a lot is people that think ranges should be free or next to free while they carry in their 7 pistols, 4 high end rifles, and 5 grand in gear and then treat the range like their job is to destroy it. Always two sides to everything folks :)

P5X

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just went out there and wanted to report back that it was a very pleasant experience. The counter people were really nice and I was able to get a private 50 yard bay with no problems. The brass thing never came up as I don’t keep mine. It’s a very nice facility.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just went out there and wanted to report back that it was a very pleasant experience. The counter people were really nice and I was able to get a private 50 yard bay with no problems. The brass thing never came up as I don’t keep mine. It’s a very nice facility.
I am happy to get this report from you and hope others understand that things at the USSA are in good working order for shooters today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom