Real Black Powder in Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruger461

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are my first loads.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 123

ruger461

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm going to need to just breakdown and get the stuff to make a cast of my chamber to see exactly what it can do. I can tell you one thing I've learned though, no more pyrodex if I can help it. It shot fine and consistent, cleanup was no better or worse than the real black, but not when it came to the casings. My gosh. I clean the rifle at the range and do the casings when I get home. Maybe 2 hrs from shot to being cleaned. I have never had them turn this bad or take so much to get cleaned back up. And at 1-2 dollars per piece of starline brass I'm not wanting to take any chances. Have the graff and sons BP I got from H&H and am going to load some up today to try out and I'll let everyone know how it does.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a jug of soapy water with you, drop the cases into the water after shooting. Let them soak on the way home. Add a bit of vinegar when you get home, but don't let them soak in the vinegar more than 10 minutes or so. Then rinse them VERY WELL, run a .45 caliber pistol mop through them a time or two, dry them and tumble.

Latest posts

Top Bottom