Real estate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears as though country acreage / homes have gone the same way as ammo, thru the roof.. A neighbors place just sold for 241k, 10 acres, double wide, 2 car garage/ metal building and a plain jane above ground pool.. And that does not include use of the gun range that it butts up to..

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a friend who is a broker. We've been talking about this for over a year. The kids next door to us bought at $105k and turned around and sold in May I think it was for $150k. It's insane. In no normal sense of the word is that house worth $150k. I bought mine 20 years ago for $52k. It makes me want to try to move ... Except for I don't want to clean up, stage the house, deal with realtors or buyers, find another place, deal with underwriters, pack, move and unpack. Lol

Judi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a real estate lady left that her card in our mail box with a letter,...offering us $105,000 more then what we purchased our place for ... five years ago.

We said big NO Thanks.

We we go to Sallisaw or Stilwell we see many out of state plates, with the look of ...I'm Lost....I know, I had that look.

Most plates are from the east coast NY, Mass. some NJ ...don't go to the tag office :)

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bought my place almost 29 years ago. It's been paid off for probably 10 years or more.

It used to be 2 miles of dirt road (notice I didn't say gravel road) to get here, but now it's down to 1 mile of gravel.
2.5 miles to the Interstate on ramp.

Housing addition went in maybe 3/8 mile from here, as the crow flies.

I paid $52,500k for this place. I wouldn't take $250k for it now. I've already refused $200K.

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So once Texas becomes the new California (after California falls), OK will be the next neighboring state where people flee due to affordable housing.

Where do we move to then?

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Must be a metro thing. Grandparents 3bed2ba house, 2 barns, and quarter section half cleared ag, half crp grazing with 4 ponds, only appraised at $225k.

It's always been the American dream for a many to move to the country and do the country thing, now with the kung flu and current environment prices have soared.. Appraisals are only a starting point, people are flocking from other states and countries.. Besides the above mentioned the weed industry likely has some bearing on it as well.. If we go back a year ago that place that sold for 241k would have list for about 120-150k.. Crazy knows no bounds..

Latest posts

Top Bottom