Recall of Norman Mayor and City Council

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course it’s a conspiracy. There is an international group of 100,000 evil people that have infiltrated every nation on earth, and are so committed that no one has admitted it yet.

Seriously, this is very serious, and the number of people in serious condition grows daily. I have a good friend that has been in the hospital, here in OKC, since 6/30, much of that time on a vent, isolated from his family. I’m sure there are errors in reporting, but try to think of a reason they would do that intentionally.

I was raised to respect everyone, until an individual gives me reason to no longer respect them. That includes being polite, and helping where I can. All of us were told to cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze. That is the purpose of wearing the mask. It is easy to see how any mask diminishes the spread of droplets of whatever from our mouths, when sneezing, shouting, singing, or even just talking.

There are certainly more effective ways to slow spread, but this is what we have easily available right now. It’s a bit like carrying a .22 vs a 45. A little is better than nothing.

i will respect your health but wearing a mask when I’m in close proximity of you and any other fine folks. I won’t laugh at you any more than I would if I saw you wearing a Hi-point in an Uncle Mike’s nylon holster.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like is required to send your children to public schools.....

Get out of here with that drivel. If polio reared its ugly head again, American's would be ****ing doomed. We already are.

You're one of those that still believe Polio was erradicated by the vaccine? That isn't true... Polio is a lack of cleanliness disease. We were erradicating it due to learning about germs and hygiene and people became cleaner. Roosevelt got his at a Boyscout camp. Polio is gone because we no longer treat $!@t like it's no big deal. If it reared its ugly head again, you'd need to inform some motherfu!@#s to wash their f@!king hands.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Of course it’s a conspiracy. There is an international group of 100,000 evil people that have infiltrated every nation on earth, and are so committed that no one has admitted it yet.

Seriously, this is very serious, and the number of people in serious condition grows daily. I have a good friend that has been in the hospital, here in OKC, since 6/30, much of that time on a vent, isolated from his family. I’m sure there are errors in reporting, but try to think of a reason they would do that intentionally.

I was raised to respect everyone, until an individual gives me reason to no longer respect them. That includes being polite, and helping where I can. All of us were told to cover our mouths when we cough or sneeze. That is the purpose of wearing the mask. It is easy to see how any mask diminishes the spread of droplets of whatever from our mouths, when sneezing, shouting, singing, or even just talking.

There are certainly more effective ways to slow spread, but this is what we have easily available right now. It’s a bit like carrying a .22 vs a 45. A little is better than nothing.

i will respect your health but wearing a mask when I’m in close proximity of you and any other fine folks. I won’t laugh at you any more than I would if I saw you wearing a Hi-point in an Uncle Mike’s nylon holster.

I can appreciate that perspective but with such a low mortality rate, I believe fighting government overreach at this time is more important than wearing a mask for a virus with such a low mortality rate. I'm cool with survival of the fittest. Other people's health and well-being isn't my resposnibility.

If it weren't for the media, hardly any of us would even know about this thing. It's so overhyped for politics, it's ridiculous.

I'll be the the Tulsan in the Jason mask with all the holes in it.

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can appreciate that perspective but with such a low mortality rate, I believe fighting government overreach at this time is more important than wearing a mask for a virus with such a low mortality rate. I'm cool with survival of the fittest. Other people's health and well-being isn't my resposnibility.

If it weren't for the media, hardly any of us would even know about this thing. It's so overhyped for politics, it's ridiculous.

I'll be the the Tulsan in the Jason mask with all the holes in it.

Then there is no America if it is not your responsibility, thats a "I am fine, **** you".

This country has been hollowed out by stupid.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Then there is no America if it is not your responsibility, thats a "I am fine, **** you".

This country has been hollowed out by stupid.

How is that? My position is Constitutional, yours isn't.

Please, show me where in the Constitution the government can mandate, I buy, wear and/or inject something for your protection.

If you want to live in the safest world possible, by all means, shut yourself in your house and do whatever you think won't kill you. For the rest of us, we realize there's inherent risks with liberty and freedom and that limiting government is paramount and we are cool with the chances of this virus. Everyone knows people at risk of this thing... Truth is though, if they're at risk with something with a mortality rate of less than 2%, they're probably at risk of a lot of things...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read that if the recall petition gets enough signatures, the recall vote would likely be in January. The four city council members they are trying to recall are up for reelection in February. Why not put the time, effort, and money into finding good candidates to run against them and just dump those 4 a month later?

The mayor petition makes sense though.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What an inconsiderate attitude. I guess I just have too much respect for others.

Don't you have any respect for science? If you don't have the coronavirus you can't infect anyone. In the latest research project even folks that had the coronavirus didn't shed the virus while simply talking. They couldn't measure what affects coughing would have had as none of their participants needed to cough during their allotted 30 minute time slots.

So if you're not infected why are you wearing a mask?

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-020-0843-2

"Among the samples collected without a face mask, we found that the majority of participants with influenza virus and coronavirus infection did not shed detectable virus in respiratory droplets or aerosols,"

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you mean to tell me you guys are against these??
F46F6915-DC8A-4D74-AFB5-4B88A0E34FE6.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom