Recommend Tractor Upgrade From My Ford 4000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
anyone have experience with the Ford 4000 tractor? My cousin has one with a front end loader he said he would sale for $4000 and I might even be able to trade him some guns for it. Its a 1980 2wd and kind of big (tall) for my area but its cheap and im sure it would do what little chores I needed it to.
@Lonewatie yall have a couple of em don't ya?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've done a lot of brush hogging with a diesel 4000, they're really simple, handle pretty well other than rough riding going down the road. I didn't realize they made them after the 70's.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've got a Ford tw-10 4wd that is our dedicated brushhog tractor. It's big, heavy and very simple. It does have a cab with ac but that's about all the wiring it has. Everything is mechanical with no sensors and so on. It's just a good workhorse tractor for us to drive through and over small to medium trees with. We pull a 15' batwing rhino behind it. If the tractor can lay the tree over, the rhino will eat it.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We've got a Ford tw-10 4wd that is our dedicated brushhog tractor. It's big, heavy and very simple. It does have a cab with ac but that's about all the wiring it has. Everything is mechanical with no sensors and so on. It's just a good workhorse tractor for us to drive through and over small to medium trees with. We pull a 15' batwing rhino behind it. If the tractor can lay the tree over, the rhino will eat it.
I need that for a few days

Latest posts

Top Bottom