Red wasp suck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBarCRanch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I got a red wasp sting right between the eyes this year..
I was watering the garden.. ran hose through chicken coop...they were in there! I did not know it.
10 minutes watering , then inside to cool off.. all itchy on my back...took off shirt..thought mosquitoes got me..

All whelped up on neck and back...then itchy like you stated...took a shower..no help....was not mosquitoes
Anaphylaxis ...of sort....

Hands were itchy to the point of cutting hands off if this did not stop..I feel your pain..

This never happened to me...I read up on it.
they give you a shot of epinephrine....This is similar to adrenalin..

And they give you an antihistamine...
SO with this in mind i needed what i had on hand..Benadryl...I had capsules with powder in them.
I chewed up 2 of them and drank water..
Now i need adrenaline....
I took off out the front door running...I ran down the street around the park across the creek and back...
that will get the benedryl in your system....

The itchy hands and feet were MURDER....
Something like this will open your eyes to why people will kill their self ....
If you lived with this for days you will end it..

My buddy told me the next sting will be even worse...HHHMMM.
This would have been a sight to see.
Wasps are often floating in my pool. I have to skim em off before I go float. I was stung on the nipple, only once.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Necro post, but I'll join in. They are aggressive now as its nesting season.
In our pool, we keep a couple of badminton raquets to swat them when they set down on the water skim to get some to take back to help build their nests.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in Boy Scouts I was doing the Mile Swim(I was what, 11 or 12?) .
A red wasp flew by, altered course to land on my hand, stung me and flew off.

It actually took a detour from what is was doing, to attack me with malice aforethought.

Something similar has happened several times in the past decades, with a wasp flying in from parts unknown, stinging me, and going back the way it came.

These incidents have colored my normal 'live and let live' attitude.When I see a red wasp nest, I burn it down. Then I stamp on the remnants, and burn it again.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Red wasps are mean and can be killers. Long story I won't bore you with, but I'm lucky to be here after a red wasp sting.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was stung many times as a kid by all kinds of wasps, bees and so on and never had anything but a local reaction. But, as I've gotten older I found that I am allergic to all kinds of stinging insects, I had a straw hat I hung outside and went out one day and put the hat on for sun protection and felt a pulling sensation on my hair and then wham! I was stung by a red wasp and due to previous episodes I went int he house and told the wife. Within a few minutes I couldn't stand without everything blacking out so I had to get low so if I fell I wouldn't do any damage to myself. My blood pressure dropped to 60/40 and I passed out. Wife called 911 and they took me to MWC Hospital.
They treated me and told me I needed to see an Allergist and the Allergist said that I could be stung several times over time and have no reaction but then I could be stung once and die due to anaphylaxis. So they placed me on anti-venom injections for 2 years and gave me an Ana-Kit which I've used afterwards and now I've been stung with no adverse effects.
Wasp sting allergy is nothing to joke about, it can literally kill a person. I read in the Oklahoman about a guy in Jones a couple of years ago that was working on his barn a few years ago that was stung and he subsequently passed away.
The moral of this story is that you may have never had a reaction but you could have one if you're stung tomorrow. Be careful. we can't lose any of you great guys and gals!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a neighbor that said throw a little gasoline on the nest of wasps. I guess it would work but I missed the nest and they took out after me and as I ran out of the shed I almost knocked over my elderly mother.

Latest posts

Top Bottom