Reloading "Mentor"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonfiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey folks,
New to the boards - but I've been shooting since I was just a little tyke.
The last 12 months or so, I've really gotten into handgun shooting - wonderful hobby, although I've quickly found it to be equally as expensive as it is fun. :)
I'm interested in reloading - and have watched several videos/read several manuals on the subject. Problem is, I'm a very hands on learner, so seeing/watching it is the only way it'll "click" for me. Is there anyone in the metro area that needs a free case of beer in exchange for me watching/helping with making a few rounds? I'd even be willing to bring all the brass I've been scrounging as an additional form of payment for teaching.

I figure it's kind of a longshot, reloading seems to be a pretty personal thing to do - but it never hurts to ask!
Thanks everyone,
-Blake

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you mentioned shooting a lot of pistol. Pistol calibers for the most part are the easiest in the world to load for. Do you have any equipment of your own? what caliber/s are you loading for? I would invest in a reloading manual. The latest speer manual is $40 or 50, but the 13th edition I purchased on ebay for like $8, these are the best thing you can buy. You find a load you like, then you can also use handloads.net but I would check the book to verify all loads. 13th edition will have all but the very latest, so will work for most folks needs.

Bonfiggy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone.
I'll go ahead and invest the few dollars into a quality manual - appreciate the ebay suggestion. Thanks for H&H class suggestion - I'll see what they have to offer if no one else chimes in.

Currently, I'm only shooting 9mm. I have no equipment of my own at this point, but have been on the lookout for decent deals on such.

Thanks again!

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses everyone.
I'll go ahead and invest the few dollars into a quality manual - appreciate the ebay suggestion. Thanks for H&H class suggestion - I'll see what they have to offer if no one else chimes in.

Currently, I'm only shooting 9mm. I have no equipment of my own at this point, but have been on the lookout for decent deals on such.

Thanks again!

oh heck man, loading 9mm is really easy. get the manual as I suggested, use unique since it is a large grain powder so it is almost impossible to double charge, cause the case won't hold it. when you get ready to load holler at me and we can chat about it.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have'nt been at this as long as some but, I've been reloading since 1967 with well in excess of a couple million rounds - all loaded on single stage presses...

Now, I load more for wildcat cartridges than anything else and do a LOT of case forming operations if any of that seems like it would be of interest. I live in Vinita if you are ever over this way and want to leard about wildcat cartridges and case forming....

DAVID

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A really good manual is the "Modern Reloading" by Richard Lee. Here is a link to it at Midwayusa.com
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/639649/lee-modern-reloading-2nd-edition-revised-reloading-manual
Here is another good source.. https://fsreloading.com/lee-modern-...ntent=CSE&utm_campaign=google_merchant_center
Both of these are half of what you pay on amazon for it. Lots of us on here load many calibers. Feel free to contact me with questions. Where in the metro area are you located. I am in the Tuttle/Bridge Creek area. Blitzfike

Latest posts

Top Bottom