Restaurants to try in OKC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love the quail dinner. I get it every time we go. But they are high for what you get.

If you're interested in Midwest City, the frog legs at Pelicans are really good every time I've had them.

Pelicans in MWC is one of our go to for seafood. Catfish or coconut shrimp.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pelicans in MWC is one of our go to for seafood. Catfish or coconut shrimp.
For some reason this thread made me think of Pelicans yesterday. I haven't been there in decades and I don't remember if I ever had an actual meal while there.

Some people I used to be in business with wanted to go there for drinks and appetizers a few times. I've always heard good things about their food.

The best thing about Pelicans for me is that Ron's is right next door. [emoji16]

k4ylr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
  • Chibugan (Filipino in MWC)
  • Backdoor BBQ
  • Leo's BBQ
  • Clark Crew BBQ
  • Newstate Burgers
  • Revolucion
  • Off the Hook
  • Pho Lien Hoa (Cash only)
  • Pho Cuong
  • Big Truck Tacos
  • Pizzeria Gusto
  • Goro Ramen
  • Gun Izakaya
  • Tamashii Ramen
  • Sheesh Mahal
  • Queen of Sheba
  • La Salsa Grille
  • Thai House
  • Tacqueria Sanchez (cash only)
  • Panang Thai
  • Fungs Kitchen (Chinese)
  • Chows (Chinese)
  • Frida's
  • Gangnam BBQ in Moore (Korean)
  • Cajun King
The Plaza (16th and Penn), Uptown (23rd and Walker) and Midtown are where to go for food.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Pelicans has great stuff mushrooms. They bring em out all hot and cheesey in mini cupcake tins. Mmm mmm.
Honestly, it's been so long since I was there that I don't remember what we used to get as appetizers. I just remember that it was good.

The best appetizer I've had was the shrimp cargot at Charleston's.
shrimp-cargot-at-charleston.jpg

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got back home from pretty much 3 days and 2 nights in OKC earlier, and had a good time. We did eat every meal we had at new places that none of us had been to before. We tried Earl's Rib Palace (Reno/Meridian), Pizzeria Gusto, Cafe Kacao, Razzoo's, Jimmy's Egg (May Ave/NW 16th) and Hideaway Pizza (Yukon). We liked most of them, but didn't get great service or food amounts = to prices at Jimmy's Egg this morning. Hideaway was good but a little pricey vs normal pizza places. Pizzeria Gusto's menu was a little above our "class level" but had good food and service, I had lamb chops for first time there. Cafe Kacao definitely beat out Jimmy's Egg on breakfast quality, but also paid more for it. I enjoyed Razzoo's, of course I'm biased towards Cajun/Creole food since I spent around 12 years in Louisiana before I moved to OK.

We'll probably revisit some of these places, maybe some more than others. Still want to try other places that y'all mentioned, just ran out of time this trip. I did other stuff for the first time as well, like IFly, an escape room, plus the Osteology Museum and 45th ID museum.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got back home from pretty much 3 days and 2 nights in OKC earlier, and had a good time. We did eat every meal we had at new places that none of us had been to before. We tried Earl's Rib Palace (Reno/Meridian), Pizzeria Gusto, Cafe Kacao, Razzoo's, Jimmy's Egg (May Ave/NW 16th) and Hideaway Pizza (Yukon). We liked most of them, but didn't get great service or food amounts = to prices at Jimmy's Egg this morning. Hideaway was good but a little pricey vs normal pizza places. Pizzeria Gusto's menu was a little above our "class level" but had good food and service, I had lamb chops for first time there. Cafe Kacao definitely beat out Jimmy's Egg on breakfast quality, but also paid more for it. I enjoyed Razzoo's, of course I'm biased towards Cajun/Creole food since I spent around 12 years in Louisiana before I moved to OK.

We'll probably revisit some of these places, maybe some more than others. Still want to try other places that y'all mentioned, just ran out of time this trip. I did other stuff for the first time as well, like IFly, an escape room, plus the Osteology Museum and 45th ID museum.
Glad you enjoyed Pizzeria Gusto. I should've noted in my original suggestion that every trip I've taken there has been a 'business' meal, on the company dime. Good food and service though.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, it's been so long since I was there that I don't remember what we used to get as appetizers. I just remember that it was good.

The best appetizer I've had was the shrimp cargot at Charleston's.View attachment 165718
The best appetizers I've ever had were fried alligator and lobster bisque at 'Pats of Henderson' in Lake Charles, LA. Worth the drive just for that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom