Right views on Illegal Immigration

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having watched all of the coming out speech's of the Republican party, the latest being Scott Walker, one of the first questions asked of them is how to secure the border.

Hillary hasn't been asked that as she is not allowing questions from the media.

Each candidate agrees the border needs to be secured, first priority in their agenda when elected.

None other than Trump has offered any viable way to do that.

How do we secure the border? I've been watching Border Wars on NatGeo. I wonder if the politicians running have seen a single episode.

So much drug trafficking and human tragedy going on a daily basis that's its incredible.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a free market requires freedom of movement, labor where it's needed when it's needed...

end the drug war, open borders...

How utopian of you! :(

As long as there's strife in one place and opportunity in another, you'll always have people doing whatever it takes to cross over. On that note, everyone knows we're talking Mexico here. The problem isn't the people who cross, it's the baggage they bring with them. Too many of them want to hold onto their "heritage". You know, the awesome heritage they happen to be fleeing? :rolleyes2

First, we need an actual working immigration policy. It should be much more expansive, tiered and require some level of sacrifice to obtain. Sure we need more physicists, doctors and engineers, but we need service workers too. It would be disingenuous to say all those millions of jobs would be otherwise taken by Americans, because we have a LOT of lazy, worthless Americans who won't do jack schit.

Then we NEED secure borders. Not some impenetrable fence (that wouldn't be), but an actual deterrent. If you allow a significantly higher number of screened and vetted immigrants in on work visas, you reduce the scope of the illegal entry problem. Then you can target those entering illegally with greater enforcement. Such as, first offense, you get sent to a labor camp for two weeks hard work with no pay. Then you get on a ship and get repatriated to Salina Cruz or Merida, depending on which ocean you got caught closest to. Second offense, labor camp for two months with no pay and another long boat ride. Third offense, two years and one last boat ride.

As a matter of fact, that sounds like a good plan for illegal entry regardless of what country you come from. The boat ride back might require an alternate plan depending on country of origin. For all the bleeding hearts who find this to be "cruel and unusual", there should be a program for them to did deep into their charitable pockets and sponsor a "get out of free work" card, with the option to buy the sponsored "immigrant" a more luxurious ticket back home.

Last but not least, business owners who hire those foreign nationals without a valid work visa? $2,000 per person on 1st offense, $20,000 per person on 2nd offense and $200,000 per person for the final offense. No dissolving the business and opening up under a new umbrella. Offenses accrue to the business AND the owner(s) as individuals.

Finally, legalize pot nationwide, then take all the enforcement currently expended on pot and apply it to the hard stuff. Coke, meth, heroin, etc.? First offense (conviction), you get 9 months probation (stay off the felon list), rehab for users and forfeit all assets, which are to be used for drug treatment and education. Second offense, 2 years hard labor and again, forfeit all assets for treatment and ed. Third offense, well, you get the idea.

As for Mexico's complaints about all this, our response should be as it should've always been. "Fix your problems at home and your people won't get pinched coming into America the wrong way!"

That's all pretty harsh, but it would solve 98% of the problems associated with the current immigration issue, not to mention a lot of drug problems.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GTG, your synopsis isn't harsh at all the way I see it. The way I see things is that we have an immigration system in place and until someone explains to me that is no longer serves to benefit the U.S.A. I'm just not inclined to change it. It's the way it is for sound reasons, if tweaks are needed lets talk about it, but I don't consider padding the democrat voter base as sound reasoning. Until then build a 'effing Great Wall of America I say, the Chinese did it over 4000 years ago and to say we can't is laughable, we did put men on the moon after all. Put some manned machine gun towers on it and this nonsense will stop post haste...

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secure the border first with a wall if needed then work on fixing the immigration issue. They have let millions in several times before and promised to fix the border, somehow that never even gets off the ground.

briarcreekguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know that 60 % or more of our current illegal aliens end up taking more in benefits than they contribute in tax dollars. Also right now Microsoft is in the process of laying off thousands of American STEM workers and replacing them with cheaper H1B workers. Wage rates are being suppressed by this flood of legal and illegal workers. This is an unsustainable path we are on. The American tax payer is subsidizing big business in the form of cheap labor and paying benefits to displaced American workers. One day the money will all run out and the house of cards will come crashing down.

a free market requires freedom of movement, labor where it's needed when it's needed...
end the drug war, open borders...

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not close all U.S. Army bases located in the nations interior and construct new ones along the borders? Why not end our constant intervention and pull however many tens of thousands of troops we have overseas back to the states and give them the mission of patrolling the borders?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not utopian, that would be to believe a big enough, impenetrable enough wall is going to solve the immigration issue.

@briarcreekguy, are you trying to persuade me that immigration is the problem, or that government handouts are the problem?

Latest posts

Top Bottom