Ringing in the Ears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me too. Years of loud music and construction. I started wearing ear plugs even when driving with the window down. Even that would make it worse.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that helps is having a little noise around all the time. ie, sleeping with tv on low, low lulling sounds, humidifier, ect... Your brain will focus on the noise and lessen the ringing. Make it not as noticeable. Avoid silence.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yep yep yep , I got it too, drives me crazy sometimes and its so bad now I have a hard time hearing what people are saying. I can hear the sounds but cant always tell what they are saying. going to have my hearing checked and posibly get some hearing aids. I have heard sometimes that makes it better and others it makes it worse. guess I will just roll the dice and see what happens.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yep yep yep , I got it too, drives me crazy sometimes and its so bad now I have a hard time hearing what people are saying. I can hear the sounds but cant always tell what they are saying. going to have my hearing checked and posibly get some hearing aids. I have heard sometimes that makes it better and others it makes it worse. guess I will just roll the dice and see what happens.

You lose ranges (again I got my medical degree on the webernet), you can hear some sounds perfectly others not at all. I was told once men naturally lose the high end as they get older. Those annoying beeping noises uninterruptible power supplies make when the power goes off, I can literally sit right on top of them and not hear it.

jalapeno

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah my favorite is the little digital thermometers my wife can hear it from the other end of the house I cant hear it when its in my mouth. lol. oh well at least I am not the only one.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a hell of a time hearing a conversation in a loud restaurant. I am always cupping my ear to try and discern what is being said. My wife likes to joke about being my interpreter.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have it too. And it's all the time. I don't think you can do anything about it. I have kind of got used to it. But I am getting to the point of needing
hearing aid's too.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20 years as a pro metal guitarist, I got it bad. Its doesnt seem to be getting worse though, or hasnt the last 10 years or so that Ive been wearing ear plugs and in-ear monitors when playing. I have to go to sleep with the TV on, and when home the wife likes the fan on too for white noise.

Latest posts

Top Bottom