Robber shot dead by customer in restaurant.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The shooter is going to the slammer most likely.
The threat was ended when he hit the floor.
The shooter administered a kill shot to the head when the robber was motionless. There was no threat at that time. That’s murder.

Maybe, technically, against the law.

Personally, i would never convict someone for such a crime.

Why waste resources on this scumbag. getting killed is a danger you accept when you commit such crimes, and the shooter is performing a public service.

It's not murder, it's public service.

Tinytim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did we witness a coup de gras in that video?

Can you imagine how low crime would be if that was the norm across the planet?

Now that my friends, is the true definition of a "First Responder"!

I hope / pray that guy dont get any legal battles from the law! Or any trouble from friends / family of the recently departed!

Bad enough, he will have to live with that.
Modern day Robin Hood, just more efficient.😎

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same way. My observations:

1. The shooter was justified in defending with lethal force
2. After the first shot, the robber is seen retreating (this should have given the shooter a clue that the threat was possibly ending)
3. The shooter unloaded 7 more rounds and kept shooting after the robber was down and the toy gun was dropped
4. The shooter made the decision to shoot a 9th shot, execution style.
5. The shooter didn't wait for police to give his statement (now they have no choice but find him in order to get his statement). Short of having fear that another robber is waiting to ambush, I cannot think of another reason the shooter would have left the scene. My understanding is that it's not illegal to leave the scene, but the optics are horrible.

I'm no lawyer, and I don't live in Texas, but I do carry and I cannot imagine ever taking action like the shooter did. I would hope in that situation I would be able to discern when the threat had ceased because no law gives armed citizens the power of judge, jury, and executioner.

From an armchair, this looks like self-defense turned murder but like I said, i'm no lawyer and I don't know TX penal code.
9.31 and 9.32 of the Texas penal code.....justifiable shooting.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5. The shooter didn't wait for police to give his statement (now they have no choice but find him in order to get his statement). Short of having fear that another robber is waiting to ambush, I cannot think of another reason the shooter would have left the scene. My understanding is that it's not illegal to leave the scene, but the optics are horrible.

From the articles that I read, the shooter isn't the only one who didn't wait for police to give a statement.
ALL of the patrons left before the police got there.

Honestly not sure if I would wait around either.
I think I'd rather communicate thru/with an attorney, rather than deal with the police at the scene.
They aren't known for their cordial treatment of people at this type of a scene.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From the articles that I read, the shooter isn't the only one who didn't wait for police to give a statement.
ALL of the patrons left before the police got there.

Honestly not sure if I would wait around either.
I think I'd rather communicate thru/with an attorney, rather than deal with the police at the scene.
They aren't known for their cordial treatment of people at this type of a scene.
Anything you say can and will be used against you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom