Ruger announces new firearm to honor the Wisconsin union strike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions only represent their members, they don't protect them from being fired. Lazy bosses protect union members from being fired. All a boss has to do is stick by why he fired a bad employee and fill out some paperwork and the guy is gone. It's that easy 99% of the time. Wait, is there some magic "you can't be fired" wand the unions have I don't know about?

*cough *cough bullsh*t *cough *cough

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, lots of ignorance on display in this thread. And I suspect no small amount of jealousy to boot.

If your employer provides health benefits you have the union movement to thank, whether you're in a union or not.

If you work in an hourly job with a 40 hour work week and get paid overtime above 40 hours a week you have the union movement to thank, whether you're in a union or not.

If you have health and safety regulations protecting you in your job, you have the union movement to thank, whether you're in a union or not.

The list goes on and on. If you labor for a living, whether you're in a union or not, and think stock holders or most business owners would watch out for your best interest without the union movement in the background you're at best ignorant.

Are there abuses? Of course there are. But they are the bad that inevitably goes along with the good, and more often than not they are the exception. If you believe we live in an enlightened age and unions are obsolete or no longer needed to protect people who labor for a living you're either misinformed or uninformed.

carbon

Marksman
Reaction score
...and there are those who couldn't hold a non-union job.

Ive never had a union job ever. But I am thankful for the life I had because my Dad was in a union and tore himself up to give me that life. Unions don't mean easy work. It's funny that you couldn't tell me how a union keeps a lazy employee on the job, but you can spew insults.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive never had a union job ever. But I am thankful for the life I had because my Dad was in a union and tore himself up to give me that life. Unions don't mean easy work. It's funny that you couldn't tell me how a union keeps a lazy employee on the job, but you can spew insults.

Unions make it very difficult to terminate a crappy employee, if you can't admit that...take another hit off of the crack pipe.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ITT: butthurt over a joke.

I should put that in my sig line. Seems like every thread there is some whiny nincompoop crying about how his feelings were hurt by the topic or some posts regarding it.

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions make it very difficult to terminate a crappy employee, if you can't admit that...take another hit off of the crack pipe.

Yes, difficult. But not impossible. Why is that necessarily a bad thing Shootin 4 Fun? A strict termination policy protects you, because you're a good employee and you can't be terminated capriciously or arbitrarily. You can't be terminated on a whim by some ass-hat who just doesn't like the way you look. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is that necessarily a bad thing Shootin 4 Fun? A strict termination policy protects you, because you're a good employee and you can't be terminated capriciously or arbitrarily. You can't be terminated on a whim by some ass-hat who just doesn't like the way you look. It's not perfect but it's better than nothing.

It makes me giggle to think how many people think that they would be terminated if not for the union. I have never held a union job and my job comes with some serious responsiblity and accountability....and guess what...I've made some pretty stupid mistakes that cost the company a fair amount of money, but I've never feared for my job and I've never been afraid of being fired for making a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom