Ruger announces new firearm to honor the Wisconsin union strike.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loved how one of those teachers up there was on TV complaining about how without their "rights" the schools or state could fire them at any time for whatever reasons. Boohoo! Welcome to the real world where the only people who get fired are the ones who aren't doing their jobs.

Speaking for those of us with years of excellent performance reviews, 60 hour weeks and satisfied clients, whose jobs were shipped overseas,..... <bleep> you!
I thought I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone, but I'll make an exception for you.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Your kidding, right?

no I'm not. Yes there are those that get layed off and I'm sure some people do get fired for little reason, but for the most part good people keep their jobs and bad people don't; as a general rule. Even if some moron keeps their job, the biggest difference is the company actually has the capability and option to fire who they like and it should be that way. I'm sure glad I never grew up thinking that some company owes me something and has to treat me some particular way. That's a load of bull. When I'm dissatisfied with a particular employer, I move on to someone else. Someone I know very well who owns their own business once said that he isn't in business to make his employees rich, and he is right. The irony is he treats his employees very, very well (bonuses, paid company trips, very fair, etc.) and some of them treat him like ****. Amazing.

To get fired from a union job you pretty much have to commit a crime, get caught with drugs or alcohol on the job, etc. Being a slacker and lousy at your job won't get you fired, especially teachers, which is sad because it is the kids that suffer from that.

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking for those of us with years of excellent performance reviews, 60 hour weeks and satisfied clients whose jobs were shipped overseas..... <bleep> you!
I thought I wouldn't wish this situation on anyone, but I'll make an exception for you.

How dignified. My job was once shipped over seas too. I didn't whine and complain about it, I move on to another company. They don't owe you anything beyond your paycheck and whatever benefits you signed up for.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not whining about losing my job, I resent your statement that I only lost my job because I wasn't doing my job well. Your sweeping generalization about who loses jobs happened to be personally insulting to me. I agree they didn't owe me anything. And I still say <bleep> you!

Congrats, you get to be the first person I put on my ignore list!

webmogul

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not whining about losing my job, I resent your statement that I only lost my job because I wasn't doing my job well. Your sweeping generalization about who loses jobs happened to be personally insulting to me. I agree they didn't owe me anything. And I still say <bleep> you!

Congrats, you get to be the first person I put on my ignore list!

If you saw the post above you'll see that I did say there are those who do their jobs well and still get fired or layed off. It happens. It sucks. I know. I too have lost a job because a company had their head up their a$$. You still missed the point completely.

carbon

Marksman
Reaction score
How dignified. My job was once shipped over seas too. I didn't whine and complain about it, I move on to another company. They don't owe you anything beyond your paycheck and whatever benefits you signed up for.

When are jobs going to stop going over seas? When do I stop going on to the next company? When did Limbaugh listeners fall in love with their bosses? Will your boss let me ride in his jet?

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you saw the post above you'll see that I did say there are those who do their jobs well and still get fired or layed off. It happens. It sucks. I know. I too have lost a job because a company had their head up their a$$. You still missed the point completely.

Best I could tell your point was, and I quote: Welcome to the real world where the only people who get fired are the ones who aren't doing their jobs.

Pretty straight forward and hard to misunderstand. My brother in law had 14 years at a fabrication plant. Worked hard and got great evaluations. The place hired an "efficiency expert". Everyone that had more than 10 years got the axe. They then hired in a bunch of new folks. He had worked his way up to the staggering level of $16 an hour. New folks started at $10. He was semi-skilled and rebuilt, repaired, maintained the equipment. These are cost cutting measures pure and simple. Happens all the time over the last 30 years. Lots and lots of people have gotten fired even though they work hard for the pay they get.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't we all just get along!?!

Lets face it, unions too often protect the jobs of slackers and demand high wages and expensive benefits yet they shop at Wal Mart. Corporations demand higher profit margins and between the consumers demand for lower prices, supplier demands for high profits, Wal Marts demand for high profits and the unions demands for high wages and benefits we have ****Ed ourselves out of jobs.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lets face it, unions too often protect the jobs of slackers and demand high wages and expensive benefits yet they shop at Wal Mart. Corporations demand higher profit margins and between the consumers demand for lower prices, supplier demands for high profits, Wal Marts demand for high profits and the unions demands for high wages and benefits we have ****Ed ourselves out of jobs.

Hey...I shop at Wal-Mart..

carbon

Marksman
Reaction score

Unions only represent their members, they don't protect them from being fired. Lazy bosses protect union members from being fired. All a boss has to do is stick by why he fired a bad employee and fill out some paperwork and the guy is gone. It's that easy 99% of the time. Wait, is there some magic "you can't be fired" wand the unions have I don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom