Rut & Strut Taxidermy info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has anybody had any dealings with Rut & Strut Taxidermy in Enid? I am getting a really bad feeling about him. I dropped a buck off for him to mount last November and haven't heard from him since. He pulled his web-site off the internet. I've been by his place twice about a month apart. Nobody was home either time, or at least not answering the door. Both times there was a nearly new Jeep parked in front. Looking through a window of his shop I could see lots of deer heads hanging from the ceiling ready to mount. The shop looked like nobody had been in it since the first time I was there when I stopped by Monday. He answered my call once, saying he wasn't at the shop but would call me back in a couple of hours. He never called back, and won't answer my calls anymore. Could anybody give me more information on this guy? I forgot his name. If you have a head with him, let me know. Thanks...aj

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would not mess around I would keep going by his place and get my buck don't take no excuses just get your buck back.you might lose any money you gave him up front but that is better losing your buck altogether

A.J.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In all fairness, I was finally able to get him (Steve Lewis) to exchange texts with me. He said he had over 300 heads and had lost his assistant. He gave me an approximate date of sometime in October for my buck to be done. I'll keep you posted. If anybody else here has a buck with him, please pm me in case this doesn't turn out well.

firewalker600

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its good news that he finally texted you back, but still sounds like lousy customer service. I wish you the best and glad that you finally got news on your buck.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good news! I have mixed feelings about it. Although a little disgusted about the phone call, if he did have 300 mounts to do, lets just say he had a 100 left. If all 100 people called once a month and that phone call took 5 minutes, that is an 8 hour day spent on phone inquiries.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I normally always expect to wait at least a full year. The last one took around 15 months but it was real quality when I got it back. Backwoods in Midwest city has done 4 for me and will do the next one if I'm lucky.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am a firm believer in keeping my antlers with me until the taxidermist is ready to mount them he doesn't need the antlers for anything when he gets ready to mount them he can call you up and let you know.when I was younger I killed a 150 class 8 point with a lot mass heck of a trophy took it to a taxidermist and never seen him or my head again don't know if he moved or went to jail or what happen to him.but they just lay around the shop until he gets ready to mount it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom