San Francisco Bay Area Bans Gas Furnaces and Water Heaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingfish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This just in. San Francisco has just banned all gasoline powered portable generators. They will require all gas engines to be replaced with electric motors. Governmental officials state that this will be much better for the environment as you will be able to plug the electric motor into the output of the generator and it will run itself.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A state where ever year many they have their homes burned to the ground in parts then there is no rain for many months then is rains for many months and homes flood then they have a monster winter and it never stops snowing roofs cave in i am gussing the people living their must enjoy all the great things this state has.

okjoek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oddly enough, back in 1969, I bought my first handgun in California. I was stationed at a small Army base about 40 miles north of San Francisco. Back then, even with an Oklahoma driver's license, I had no problem getting the pistol, and I only had to wait 3 days to go pick it up.
Was it camp San Louis Osbispo?

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was during the days of Reagan-imposed gun control in California. He may be a hero to many on the right but he was no friend of gun owners.
I don't recall any Reagan-imposed gun control in California, could you post something to show where you find he did this.

If this is the item your refering to the Mulford Act, it was to protect the public from the Black Panther Party, i don't conceder it any real type of imposed gun control.

Mulford Act
The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that prohibited public carrying of loaded firearms without a permit. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, and signed into law by governor of California Ronald Reagan, the bill was crafted with the goal of disarming members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods, in what would later be termed copwatching.Wikipedia
Enacted by:California State Assembly
Date passed:June 8, 1967
Enacted by:California State Senate
====
The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that prohibited public carrying of loaded firearms without a permit.[2] Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, and signed into law by governor of California Ronald Reagan, the bill was crafted with the goal of disarming members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods, in what would later be termed copwatching.[3][4] They garnered national attention after Black Panthers members, bearing arms, marched upon the California State Capitol to protest the bill.[5][6][self-published source?][7]
Assembly Bill 1591 was introduced by Don Mulford (R) from Oakland on April 5, 1967, and subsequently co-sponsored by John T. Knox (D) from Richmond, Walter J. Karabian (D) from Monterey Park, Frank Murphy Jr. (R) from Santa Cruz, Alan Sieroty (D) from Los Angeles, and William M. Ketchum (R) from Bakersfield.[1] A.B 1591 was made an “urgency statute” under Article IV, §8(d) of the Constitution of California after “an organized band of men armed with loaded firearms [...] entered the Capitol” on May 2, 1967;[8] as such, it required a 2/3 majority in each house. On June 8, before the third reading in the Assembly (controlled by Democrats, 42:38), the urgency clause was adopted, and the bill was then read and passed.[1] It passed the Senate (split, 20:20) on July 26, 29 votes to 7, and was signed by Governor Ronald Reagan on July 28, 1967.
Both Republicans and Democrats in California supported increased gun control, as did the National Rifle Association of America.[9][10] Governor Ronald Reagan, who was coincidentally present on the capitol lawn when the protesters arrived, later commented that he saw "no reason why on the street today a citizen should be carrying loaded weapons" and that guns were a "ridiculous way to solve problems that have to be solved among people of good will." In a later press conference, Reagan added that the Mulford Act "would work no hardship on the honest citizen."[3]
The bill was signed by Reagan and became California penal code nr.25850[11] and nr.171c.[12]

Last edited:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't recall any Reagan-imposed gun control in California, could you post something to show where you find he did this.

If this is the item your refering to the Mulford Act, it was to protect the public from the Black Panther Party, i don't conceder it any real type of imposed gun control.

Mulford Act
The Mulford Act was a 1967 California bill that prohibited public carrying of loaded firearms without a permit. Named after Republican assemblyman Don Mulford, and signed into law by governor of California Ronald Reagan, the bill was crafted with the goal of disarming members of the Black Panther Party who were conducting armed patrols of Oakland neighborhoods, in what would later be termed copwatching.Wikipedia
Enacted by:California State Assembly
Date passed:June 8, 1967
Enacted by:California State Senate
" If this is the item your referring to the Mulford Act, it was to protect the public from the Black Panther Party, i don't conceder it any real type of imposed gun crontrol. "

Regardless of the Intent (disarming members of the Black Panther Party) the law forbade the carrying of loaded firearms in public for everyone - which I would definitely call being 'gun control' against the citizens of California-NTM.

Last edited:

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When we moved back to CA in 1978, from the east coast, we had a dryer that we had converted to nat gas from electric, since nat gas was less expensive. IIRC the conversion cost $50 or so.

Nat gas for many years was pushed as the clean and efficient alternative to electric.

Now the pedulam swings and nat gas is bad.

LOL what a joke.

Snapshot2022

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When we moved back to CA in 1978, from the east coast, we had a dryer that we had converted to nat gas from electric, since nat gas was less expensive. IIRC the conversion cost $50 or so.

Nat gas for many years was pushed as the clean and efficient alternative to electric.

Now the pedulam swings and nat gas is bad.

LOL what a joke.
As soon as we get rid of little Joe Biden the green deal will become a item that was wrong for the United States, and will become a part of our history that was removed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom