Sand Plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Found some close to home, only a handful that were ripe, 90% were green, made a little sauce, tried it over ice cream - very unique flavor! I'll have to keep an eye on them and try to catch them when I can get more than a handful and try out some jelly...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Not too full are they? Grandma says if not too full and you didn't notice the lid being dented, give them til morning and try em again.

Don't think so, filled them to the bottom of the jar funnel like always in the past. Getting ready to go look at them and see if they've decided to cooperate.:) They may have another date with boiling water in the morning if not, thanks.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Just checked, all jar lids have popped.........just took longer tonight for some reason. Plums aren't turning all at once this year, which is handy really. Just thankful we have some this year. Starting to see a few people here and there parked along the highway and county roads picking in the last day or two.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just checked, all jar lids have popped.........just took longer tonight for some reason. Plums aren't turning all at once this year, which is handy really. Just thankful we have some this year. Starting to see a few people here and there parked along the highway and county roads picking in the last day or two.

It's the barometric pressure ... the ups and downs when the weather is active makes things a little "funky" ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom