Sand Plums

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spotted my thief recently that takes the ones we have along the driveway. A mature doe walks out of there every evening about 5pm, and works her way along the fence.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most are still green, but there is the occasional one that turns pink early. That's when she gets them. Still too bitter for me, but I wonder if I pick some green ones, they will ripen up on the counter like tomato's??

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Picked a few more pounds this morning with the kids, been picking this many every 3 days or so in about 25 minutes. Still a lot out there. Seems that yellow jackets like plum thickets too............zinged twice this morning and seven times in the last few days. My son can see a nest the size of quarter from 30' away, I've not been so fortunate, lol.
I've not very graceful busting out of plum thicket full speed with a pail of plums either:)
i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_2912_1404583816269_zpsbefa66d9.jpg

i1085.photobucket.com_albums_j434_btenn1_photobucket_5590_1404583704129_zps28517fbc.jpg

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
when we make jelly i have a two gallon stainless steel pot that i fill about half full of plumbs and just cover them with about 4 inches of water to boil. when they have boiled for a long time i attach a beater from an old mixer to my cordless drill and beat them while boiling for a few minutes and the meat is separated from the seed. i then allow to settle and have nice red clear juice on top to dip out for clear jelly or mix and strain for pulp and make jelly that way. no cullender.

Latest posts

Top Bottom