Saw my first open carry yesterday...Why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But if you were unaware he were armed, the criminal version of you in your head would have left him alone?

There were probably 4-6 customers in the place. If I were there to do harm, I sure would have focused on him first. But, maybe I would have walked out instead of face a problem. If no one appeared to be armed, I think I would approach the counter for my dirty deed. My problem is that I don't have criminal logic so I am looking at this through different eyes....

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If we don't use the right we will surely loose it again, and I feel most criminals are cowards at heart.

As far as open carry bringing the bad guy to you first, will they bash a cop in the head and grab his gun so they can rob the store? No, they will move on down the road to a easier and safer for them place to rob.

IMO the ones that would knock the gun owner in the head before robbing the place are the type that plan on killing everybody to leave no witnesses anyway.

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the time I move my T shirt to the inside of my pistol when I'm in the car, then forget to cover up when I get out.

Personally it don't affect me either way, used to getting stairs from peoe for other reasons. Open is easier on the draw, concealed gives you the benefit of the bad guy not seeing it coming.

AKJ20

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
okoca-logo.jpg

http://okoca.org/

https://www.facebook.com/opencarryok

tranger2

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because this is America and we freakin' can, that's why! That's the only reason I need!

Seeing that you are from southeast oklahoma, do you open carry? I'm not talking about while out hunting, driving around, etc.

Do you carry into stores, restaurants, and other places where there are lots of people?

I'm from Antlers, Oklahoma and was back home a couple of weeks ago. I have yet to see anyone open carry down there also.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because it's simply his choice to. The same as whether you choose Ford or Chevy, Glock or S&W or ethanol or 100% gas. He has the right to choose how he carries.

Latest posts

Top Bottom