SE OK....Worth the day trip?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't be scared City Slicker... I find going to OKC and Tulsa more scary and dangerous then any backwoods town in S.E. Oklahoma.

I'm talking those back country areas, where the paved roads become dirt roads, which become foot paths, which become nothing. I've been down there for work, and seen areas where I wouldn't want to go back alone and unarmed.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you make it over to the Durant area, drop by Ft. Washita ( http://www.okhistory.org/sites/fortwashita.php ). It's probably better to visit in the fall or spring than in the winter, but it's kind of a neat place. It's not terribly big (between 15 and 20 acres, I'd guess), and probably wouldn't take more than an hour to completely explore, but I thought it was a neat place.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

More like this:

3.bp.blogspot.com__ymme0JRGpIc_T_301zgyV8I_AAAAAAAABIk_0LyJIYkcVSc_s1600_meth_lab.png

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be scared City Slicker... I find going to OKC and Tulsa more scary and dangerous then any backwoods town in S.E. Oklahoma.
Sooo true!

I'm talking those back country areas, where the paved roads become dirt roads, which become foot paths, which become nothing. I've been down there for work, and seen areas where I wouldn't want to go back alone and unarmed.

Hey, that's my place! Acres and acres of Oklahoma jungle!

Latest posts

Top Bottom