Self defense percentages thoughts, opinions wanted.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Also, I couldn't even imagine using a shotgun for home defense. I like a little more control over where I sling lead.

How big is your home? I have a 30' hallway and my pattern is still no bigger than a paper plate...[/QUOTE]

You shoot down your hallway at paper plates?!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
im sorry but burglars all to often "stalk" their pray, so the chance of them coming back to my house to finish the job is far far greater than I am comfortable with. Since they have heard your weapon get cocked and loaded means they were in your house and now have a rough layout of the home and where YOU will most likely be coming from. I made my choice to shoot when I bought my weapon.

badrinker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many people who shout, "I'll kill anyone who enters my home!", have ever stared at a man over the sights of a loaded weapon, finger on the trigger, safety off, round in the chamber, within a fraction of an inch of trigger movement between normal life and taking the life of another? In old Africa, the question was, "Have you seen the elephant?", because the old Africa hands knew that no man knows what he will do UNTIL he sees the elephant.

Well put. The emotional and mental toll of taking another life, albeit a "bad" guy, is immense. I "think" I would immediately pull the trigger, but I've never "seen the elephant" and don't know that for sure. I do know with a fair degree of certanty that I would NOT immediately shrug it off, I value all human life too much to dismiss taking a life easily.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did see the elephant and I have spent 26 years thinking about what did--and did not--happen that night. (I did not shoot that man, but I did stare at him across the sights of that rifle.)

Latest posts

Top Bottom