Sen. Blake Stephens has officially filed Senate Bill 7 - year-round Daylight Saving Time (DST).

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only the slow and inattentive ones. Makes the species stronger. Slow antelope never get to reproduce.
My wife cringes every time I see a school zone sign showing 45mph. Im always curious how good their track team is, haha.

1669908880898.png

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many studies have shown that your chance of heart attack increases anywhere between 4 and 25% the week following DST springing forward. There are mixed studies about fatality car accidents. It seems the few weeks following springing forward, there is an increase in fatalities, especially in the mornings but over the summer, fatality accidents decrease on avg due to the extra evening daylight. When falling back, people who are prone to depression get an avg of 10-11% increase in depression, anxiety or other disorders. DST is outdated, it's useless, it's unhealthy. Ditch it.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just outlaw time and let people decide if they're going to follow the sun. Would be the same outcome and ultimately less complex.

I'm sure most Okies are familiar with "Indian time" . . . we have our own version of things and then those of us who are married have a whole different definition of time provided to us by our wives.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bless his heart

“I could go on and on about why it is beneficial to remain in DST,” Stephens said. “Just one example is Oklahoma having one of the highest rates of childhood obesity, which could be combatted with having an extra hour of daylight in the evening for exercise and outdoor activities. This is a common-sense bill that would help us in our efforts to become a healthier state."
Whenever I hear a politician use the phrase "common sense" I get scared.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bless his heart

“I could go on and on about why it is beneficial to remain in DST,” Stephens said. “Just one example is Oklahoma having one of the highest rates of childhood obesity, which could be combatted with having an extra hour of daylight in the evening for exercise and outdoor activities. This is a common-sense bill that would help us in our efforts to become a healthier state."

He's obviously never heard "you can't out exercise a bad diet"... :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom