Seriously, FedEx?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So... they finally delivered a package to my door. In the past, I've had the shipper call me with a returned package without me having received any notifications from FedEx... so I can't complain about it making it to the door on the first day.

But... they had a second label attached to the box with a "corrected address". I used my official USPS-approved address that I've had for 5 of the last 6 years we've lived here, and FedEx "corrected" it to the old rural route address with a friendly reminder to use my mailing address for faster shipment processing.

Seriously? My mailing address is ##### N#### Road, not RR X Box XXX, at least according to USPS, the government, and even UPS. UPS even prefers my new address because they can actually use street signs and logic if they get lost, rather than WTFs...

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Recently had one delivered to a business address, with "NW Door" specifically in the address. Found a "we tried" tag on the south door one day. Called and explained the only door that's answered is at the northwest corner, so they lady said they'd spell it out in the instructions. Next day after noon, found another "we tried" on the south door.

Called again and asked if they could just leave it at the FedEx shipping office near the airport. Can't do that, because that's FedEx Express and this was shipped FedEx Ground ... guess it's not the same company or something, just someone scabbing off the name.

Put a BIG hand written sign on south door "NO DELIVERIES. ALL DELIVERIES GO TO NORTHWEST DOOR" with an arrow pointing around the building. He finally found it. <sigh>

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I deal with Fedex Trade Networks (customs brokerage) in Chicago daily. Often have to get documents forwarded to them from overseas, via Fedex... Rarely works well, so Fedex comes to me with questions about Fedex.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we have to deal with FedEx all the time at work they to lazy to drive 2 blocks and leave our packages so they leave them 2 blocks from us at another business and we have to call around to find the packages. If I have a chose i never use FedEx what so ever.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't do that, because that's FedEx Express and this was shipped FedEx Ground ... guess it's not the same company or something, just someone scabbing off the name.

Both are FedEx, but Express is the company route and ground is owned by a contractor.

And an out-of-state contractor at that, since they told me they could leave it at their office in Wichita Falls and I could drive down there and pick it up. As far as I'm concerned FedEx "the company" is responsible for their contractor's service (or lack of) as well as their own, and my shipping preferences reflect that whenever possible.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pay extra to not use fedex I got tired of paying them for 2 day shipping and it taking a week to get here.

Shipper didn't say who they used. I didn't know it was FedEx until it was in transit.

Otherwise, FedEx is a dealbreaker for me. The primary reason I quit doing business with Dell is because they wouldn't ship UPS or USPS even if I offered to pay the difference.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom