Shield or Pocket Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmm... I really want an excuse to buy a new gun (or two). BUT... I think for right now, until I have saved up more for leaving my career to start anew, I will order a SmartCarry and see how that works.

Pharr Shot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Shield isn't bad unless you're a lefty like me, then all the controls are on the wrong side for me, why S&W did what they did to that, I'm not sure.
I do like the "humpback" snubby, I forgot what it's called but that would be a great pocket gun though.
If you haven't checked out the Glock 42, that's actually not bad at all. I wouldn't put it in my pocket though. But as a hip gun, it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Shield isn't bad unless you're a lefty like me, then all the controls are on the wrong side for me, why S&W did what they did to that, I'm not sure.
I do like the "humpback" snubby, I forgot what it's called but that would be a great pocket gun though.
If you haven't checked out the Glock 42, that's actually not bad at all. I wouldn't put it in my pocket though. But as a hip gun, it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean the S&W model 38 or 49, or 638.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

My daily carry;
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_DSCN5556_zpsad7940e8.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_DSCN5553_zpsb431da4d.jpg

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rohrbaugh in a Recluse.

I was intrigued by them when first released, but the reports reliability issues after just 2-300 rounds and the company's stance that it is not meant to be shot a lot, only to be used for self defense and therefor it is not a defect turned me off. Having to change the spring every 300 rounds or whatever the number is, no thanks.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should mention I have sw 638... but it prints too badly in my pocket with the cylinder and also is a bit too tall for some of my pockets. Something smaller/flatter would be nice.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I should mention I have sw 638... but it prints too badly in my pocket with the cylinder and also is a bit too tall for some of my pockets. Something smaller/flatter would be nice.

You carry it without a holster in your pocket???? A desantis pocket tuk holster might remedy the printing issue.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You carry it without a holster in your pocket???? A desantis pocket tuk holster might remedy the printing issue.
I never carry eithout a holster, the desantis is what I use now. It's just too big for a lot of my jeans and slacks. And the thick desantis adds to it. I still see the cylinder hump with it, but maybe I am being overly critical.

Latest posts

Top Bottom