Shield or Pocket Gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm debating getting another carry pistol for those times where printing would be more of an issue than normal (places that will kick you out). I am debating between a Shield, a pocket gun, or a Smartcarry holster for one of my normal carry guns. Being talked into the Smartcarry would be best for me as I shouldn't be buying a new gun as I am planning some drastic employment changes soon that will bring me back to the days of Ramen for a little over a year, but... I want another :hithead: Which would you go with and why? If a pocket pistol, which one? If BANG didn't have Shields in stock it wouldn't be so tempting!

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My carry guns are a glock 19 in a Cleveland holster (highly recommend them) and a shield in a sticky holster. Both great options. I tend to carry the shield more in the summer and the glock more in the winter. Hope this helps.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't rule out the Shield as a pocket holster. I currently carry my Shield .40 in a pocket holster or in a custom owb holster depending on my mood that day.

tulsanewb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't rule out the Shield as a pocket holster. I currently carry my Shield .40 in a pocket holster or in a custom owb holster depending on my mood that day.

It seems a bit too large for jeans or slacks, which is what I wear most often. I do really like the shield. Talked the girlfriend into getting herself one soon. I have other carry guns for 99% of my time, just no deep-concealment gun/holster.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems a bit too large for jeans or slacks, which is what I wear most often. I do really like the shield. Talked the girlfriend into getting herself one soon. I have other carry guns for 99% of my time, just no deep-concealment gun/holster.

I wear either jeans or cargo sorts every day and other than a couple pair of shorts whose pockets aren't quite as deep as I'd prefers, I don't ever have a problem. Of course until I got the Shield I was pocket carrying my M&P 9c, and I did that for a couple of years work no problem. Ymmv, of course.

Latest posts

Top Bottom