Shooting at Penn Square Mall OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was at Penn Square Mall on Saturday, and I wasn't naked. I entered the mall from the 2nd level of the parking garage near the theater. I looked for signs and didn't see them on the outide doors. So, I walked in to then next set of doors, about 15-20 ft., then saw 4 inch round stickers that basically stated "no guns". A similar thing happened at a restaurant out of state where you get inside to the 2nd set of doors before you see any signage. After what happened the other day, I keep asking myself what I would have done had this occurred when I was there. I haven't answered the question yet.

I always enter and exit through JCPenny and have never seen an obvious sign. I will always be on video entering and exiting through JCPenny ...

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do know what I would have done.

1. Find cover, not concealment I mean cover for all of my family. If I have to move a vending machine to get behind it I will. If I have to break or disable something for a tool I will.
2. Determine where the threat is. What direction in general. You can determine this from the sounds and flow of people running.
3. If there is no immediate threat to me or mine, GTFO!
4. If I cannot GTFO, I will defend in place or seek better cover.
5. Call the police and be a witness and direct them to the threat.

swoklagunner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to clarify...the question I keep asking myself is if I would have intervened since I wasn't there naked. After reading a lot of the comments, I believe the best thing to have done would be to take cover and be a good witness unless the shooter took aim at me. At that point, all bets are off.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I need to clarify...the question I keep asking myself is if I would have intervened since I wasn't there naked. After reading a lot of the comments, I believe the best thing to have done would be to take cover and be a good witness unless the shooter took aim at me. At that point, all bets are off.
I understand completely. I just don't want to add to the confusion or get taken out by another gun totin good sam or the police. I'd be more afraid of the rent-a-cops than the real police.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is probably what I would do. In the current climate, if you actively went looking for the shooter, you'd probably be charged with murder. If the shooter was already in my 'defensible area', as you stated, all bets are off. A blanket statement of what I'd do would be inaccurate and foolhardy.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand completely. I just don't want to add to the confusion or get taken out by another gun totin good sam or the police. I'd be more afraid of the rent-a-cops than the real police.

The rent-a-cops? What they gonna do? Run over you with a Segway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Went to Penn Square Mall about 3 months ago to buy a belt. Went in without a CCW and was very uncomfortable from the moment I was there until I left.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I know the answer to this question. You go into posted No Firearms mall/place with a licensed CCW and a shooting occurs and while LE is checking customers to clear the mall/place and you identify yourself carrying. Does anything happen concerning your CCW????

Latest posts

Top Bottom