Shooting at Penn Square Mall OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not all current carriers have the advanced training that we like to assume everyone has. I suspect that there are far more folks carrying that are not trained, at any level. Don't get your panties in a wad, we all know everyone on here would be of great assistance.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Not all current carriers have the advanced training that we like to assume everyone has. I suspect that there are far more folks carrying that are not trained, at any level. Don't get your panties in a wad, we all know everyone on here would be of great assistance.

My panties aren’t in a wad, I agree many aren’t trained very well. I don’t agree many more would have been injured like your assumption. Everyone who carries has to make that decision and it carries a very high price tag if the wrong decision is made.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
As a society, we don't always have a good tract record of making good decisions. Take a walk back through the thread on "Overheard at the gun counter" those folks are potentially the carrier on the other side of the store when the action happens.

That’s always a possibility. It’s also possible someone that is trained is there and can put a stop to it. I think the logical thing to do is seek the nearest exit or cover for you and yours. If it’s a couple of gang bangers in a beef I’m hoping they kill each other and don’t hit anyone else. If an active shooter then we have some different decisions to make. The best option of all is to avoid the mall or anywhere else that low life’s hang out at.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Well, since there is/was no training required for carry, what would one expect?

Depends on who’s carrying. If someone carries they “should” take it upon themselves to get training. I doubt the shooter was legally carrying or had any training. What would you expect? Do you carry? Are you trained?

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Depends on who’s carrying. If someone carries they “should” take it upon themselves to get training. I doubt the shooter was legally carrying or had any training. What would you expect? Do you carry? Are you trained?

Yes. More so than most, I would guess. But that's a red herring.

Pstmstr

Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yes. More so than most, I would guess. But that's a red herring.

It’s a huge responsibility and possible liability. It’s also possible it
might save your life and/or others. What did you mean by the comment what do you expect?

Latest posts

Top Bottom