Shooting backstop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
And yet, you advocate MORE restrictions on people than we have NOW. You yourself said you would be campaigning against Tony shooting on his own property with his own home-built backstop in a direction AWAY from other homes. In a manner already well within Oklahoma state law, AND approved by his local law enforcement. By definition, by your own very words, you think he should be required to go to the significant expense and inconvenience to build a complete range with tall berms, also thus likely affecting his property in a negative way from an aesthetic standpoint.

Just come right out and freaking admit that you think anyone who wants to shoot on their own property should have more restrictions on them than are in place by state law right now. Thus... you are in FAVOR of MORE restriction and MORE regulation on the exercise of firearms practice.

Right? Just be clear about it. If that's your position, then just OWN it.
My position is that people should be safe with a firearm and that we as firearm owners should not turn the public into anti gunners by our actions. I own this. Can you understand this?

Would you like your kids or grandkids in those woods when someone starts shooting? As stated in earlier posts there has been no communications with the neighbor so they would have no way of knowing about the shooting is to start until it does. kids being kids. They might be in the woods? As a parent, I would find this unacceptable...… and would find a way to stop it. I think reasonable humans woiuld do the same. My kid's safety outweighs gun rights.

As the poster knows about safety …. Just wants a cheap backstop.... Whatdoes this say?

Where is common sense?

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nu
My position is that people should be safe with a firearm and that we as firearm owners should not turn the public into anti gunners by our actions. I own this. Can you understand this?

Would you like your kids or grandkids in those woods when someone starts shooting? As stated in earlier posts there has been no communications with the neighbor so they would have no way of knowing about the shooting is to start until it does. kids being kids. They might be in the woods? As a parent, I would find this unacceptable...… and would find a way to stop it. I think reasonable humans woiuld do the same. My kid's safety outweighs gun rights.

As the poster knows about safety …. Just wants a cheap backstop.... Whatdoes this say?

Where is common sense?
Number 1, I AM being safe. Excuse me for not having 80 acres to shoot on. I guess I should just never shoot again. Because after all, I don’t live in the “country” according to you. When I shoot I KNOW there aren’t any kids in the woods. I’m not deaf. Also, if those kids are in them woods they are trespassing on someone else’s land. The kids are rarely outside and when they are they don’t ever go in the woods. And as I said before, when the kids are out I don’t shoot. I could have communication with my neighbors had they been good neighbors and wanted to have a civil conversation with me but they didn’t. They went straight to the police. They didn’t want to talk about it. They don’t like it so they wanted it stopped. Am I supposed to go over there to talk to them about me shooting? I don’t think so. They ended any civility when they called the police on me. I have done everything I can to make sure I am being safe and legal. As the lieutenant with the sheriffs office told me, I am being more safe than most. You don’t know my property. You saw one picture. And somehow that makes you an expert on it. What if I owned 20 acres behind my house? What if I go into those woods to shoot or hunt? Am I supposed to not do it because there are neighbors that are somewhat close? By your logic I would be unsafe shooting in that situation. I am glad you take safety so seriously. We all should. And I do. But when I am being legal and safe and you still say I shouldn’t be able to shoot because of a bunch of what ifs, that is just ridiculous. It’s funny, not one single other neighbor has ever called the cops nor have they ever said a word about me shooting. It’s just the one. But I ain’t gonna argue with you or anyone else.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I read this whole post. My personal opinion is no way I would be shooting a gun at a backstop in your circumstance with houses as close as Tony stated earlier. That is my personal opinion, bullets fly a long way, they ricochet. I didn't voice my opinion because that wasn't really what the thread was about.

I think Tony handled his situation in a constructive way. He contacted the authorities and was able to get some information that works in his favor.

At the end of the day I don't think what carter said was that inflammatory either. Some of us are more risk averse than others. Just because someone doesn't agree with you doesn't mean they are Anti 2A or want to infringe on your rights.

I will say this, I don't think you help your argument/s when you are calling people names frequently in your posts.

There are multiple instances of this. There is a similar pattern in your HOA thread. Remember there is one common denominator in these issues. Not everyone is out to get you or screw you. Sometimes we have to take a deep breath and have a little introspection and see how we can improve things in a positive way.
Yes I have said things about two of my neighbors. I know I shouldn’t have. I am a Christian and I know that’s not right. But what I said is the truth also. The ones calling the police are anti gun and don’t want me shooting. Period. And the HOA president is a liar. He has been caught lying multiple times. He thinks he owns this place and can do whatever he wants. I don’t see how that has anything to do with this situation. They don’t see these posts. And even if they did so what? They aren’t going to change their minds either way. But I am a human being. I make mistakes like anyone else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom