Shooting backstop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You idea about baffles in the previous is a good one, but I'll not waver from my firm opinion that what these officers did was demonstrably reckless.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/oklahoma-police-kill-5-year-old-boy-while-shooting-at-snake

https://www.normantranscript.com/ne...cle_48654d51-d845-5904-8081-8098220cef3f.html

https://newsok.com/article/3871552/parents-of-slain-noble-boy-upset-over-expungement

A snake in a tree should invoke far less worry someone shooting at such a narrow target into the sky with an unknown back stop in a residential neighborhood.
The Lt. that came out has a friend that knows the cop that shot that kid and said it has messed him up pretty bad. I can imagine. I know the guy didn’t do it on purpose. I am sure if he could he would take it back but he can’t. I can’t imagine how bad a person would feel for accidentally killing someone. Especially a 5 year old. It’s a very sad deal.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's exactly my point. The NRA suggested guidelines aren't for private shooting backstops on private land for personal use. I haven't read the regs, but my guess is those are for actual shooting ranges - which tells me @carter thinks no one should be allowed to shoot except at designated, approved, shooting ranges - probably also insured, bonded, inspected, etc., to meet all those guidelines.

A perfect way to restrict shooting rights, the exercise of shooting and eventually legislate it out of existence - like regulating ammo, firing pin serialization/microstamping, etc. Just my opinion. He's entitled to his, just like I'm entitled to mine.
That's exactly my point. The NRA suggested guidelines aren't for private shooting backstops on private land for personal use. I haven't read the regs, but my guess is those are for actual shooting ranges - which tells me @carter thinks no one should be allowed to shoot except at designated, approved, shooting ranges - probably also insured, bonded, inspected, etc., to meet all those guidelines.

A perfect way to restrict shooting rights, the exercise of shooting and eventually legislate it out of existence - like regulating ammo, firing pin serialization/microstamping, etc. Just my opinion. He's entitled to his, just like I'm entitled to mine.

A perfect way to restrict shooting rights, the exercise of shooting and eventually legislate it out of existence - like regulating ammo, firing pin serialization/microstamping, etc. Just my opinion. He's entitled to unsafe … his, just like I'm entitled to mine.
The nra range guidelines are for private and public ranges. just look at the internet … they describe these. I am not a dictator …. Just not wanting to not be unsafe. Restricting your gun rights. BS. SHOOTI GLIKE THIS ONLY ALIENATES PEOPLE.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Do as you wish …..I can only hope no one gets hurt and that you do not bring about bad publicity. If you do have an accident just hope that no lawyer sees this set of posts that just talk about gun rights and not safety.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do as you wish …..I can only hope no one gets hurt and that you do not bring about bad publicity. If you do have an accident just hope that no lawyer sees this set of posts that just talk about gun rights and not safety.

If you were a true contributing member of this community, you'd know we talk about safety and common sense ALL. THE. TIME. We openly and vehemently discourage people from unsafe practices, and we frequently call people out about the same.

The problem is, you want to institute draconian restrictions on when and where people can be a firearms enthusiast.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All dangerous weapons must be kept at the range in a lockup and checked out before use.

All ammo must be stored separately from firearms in a locked container.

All ranges must meet certain requirements, be bonded, licensed, insured and inspected.

.Gov must step in to protect society from my fears....

Any of this sound familiar?
These are the places your logic leads us. Just sayin'.

carter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Forget it... A person wanted input, to seek empathy, etc. When I gave input, I am this horrible individual as I did not side with him.... I tried to give input not just from me. But the nra. It did not agree with you so it was brushed aside. so screw it I am through with this.... Screw lt

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget it... A person wanted input, to seek empathy, etc. When I gave input, I am this horrible individual as I did not side with him.... I tried to give input not just from me. But the nra. It did not agree with you so it was brushed aside. so screw it I am through with this.... Screw lt

:cry11:

Latest posts

Top Bottom