Shooting backstop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You really live in an HOA place.
I told my wife none of that and I need back yard access with a vehicle.
Heck my neighbors love me and I live in a culdesac I shoot in my garage into a big stump.
Some neighbors come over to shoot a new gun now and then in the stump.

I want to make an underground bunker sort of thing and really long to shoot in and vent and filter it.
That is a want but will not happen.

I bet you could build a box from duct board about 20 feet long and 2x2 foot ID and shoot through it and make no or little noise.

We had one at work and you could scream through one end and not hear much out of the other end.
I always wanted to shoot through one.
May need to make it bigger diameter to absorb the big air that comes out of the muzzle.

Or move.
:)

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Funny you ask. I have had the sheriff called once and it was last summer. I don’t shoot very much either. When they came they checked my setup and said I wasn’t breaking any laws and told me I could get back to shooting. Well I just got done shooting my glock 19x and low and behold here comes the sheriff to the house on the next street over across the creek. They are not anywhere in the path of where I shoot as you can see. They are basically directly to the side of me about 250 yards. About 15 minutes goes by and he finally gets here. He told me he spoke with two neighbors one being the HOA president and they both said they are sick of it. They both tried to say I do it all the time with more frequency here lately which is a flat out lie. I haven’t shot in about 2 months. But others that live across the woods have. He told me the woman was scared to send her kids out. The deputy did say I was being safe and had a good backstop. Then he says I bet you thought because you are in the country you aren’t breaking any laws but you are. I said then why did the two other deputies specifically tell me I wasn’t breaking any laws. He then says well we try to not enforce it. He said there isn’t any county laws being broken but the state law says you can’t be within 220 feet of another dwelling off of my property. Then he proceeds to tell me the HOA president is going to call a meeting to address the situation. I said he can’t do anything to me. Then he tells me the sheriff will be at the meeting and decide if he needs to enforce the state law and then I could be arrested. So I have decided that after two years I am looking for another place to move. Sometimes I hate People.

Yup, not real keen on the current population either.. I have a backyard range and have met a couple Deputies because of a chicken chit lying neighbor..
I know that berm will stop many a caliber, but in our current environment that little outfit may come under fire, pun intended.. If you were shooting suppressed rimfire you'd likely be in good shape.. A shame it's gotten so tough, with an HOA your going to need the "best of luck"..

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, not real keen on the current population either.. I have a backyard range and have met a couple Deputies because of a chicken chit lying neighbor..
I know that berm will stop many a caliber, but in our current environment that little outfit may come under fire, pun intended.. If you were shooting suppressed rimfire you'd likely be in good shape.. A shame it's gotten so tough, with an HOA your going to need the "best of luck"..
I can shoot out of my back door. Lol. They won’t be able to see me so they can’t say it was me. Until I can get a can then I will be good I think.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You really need to be at that meeting. At the very least, bring a chart showing the relationship of your shooting path to the complaining neighbor.

However, if you are in an HOA area, be prepared to lose. The rules will be changed to cover your situation.

You may as well put it up for sale now.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can shoot out of my back door. Lol. They won’t be able to see me so they can’t say it was me. Until I can get a can then I will be good I think.

I "could" shoot from the master bed or bath, LMAO, But I'd like to keep my better half around and I'm pretty sure she wouldn't want casings bouncing off the walls or dig the burnt powder smell , I can also shoot from an outbuilding but I'm not crazy about bouncing casings either as I've already done the outbuilding..

You should buy and blow a ton of tannerite, then compromise to stop blowing stuff up, only shooting guns from then on.

LMAO, you may be on to something there.. I bought a 6 pack when Atwoods had it on sale and won't use it now because of the neighbor, I'll keep it safe and maybe one day it'll come in handy..

Latest posts

Top Bottom