Shot a 500 Magnum Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was at Medlock today and heard a huge bangs going off down the line. I was there with my son and there were two older guys there shooting their pistols.

Turned out one of the guys had a S&W 500 Magnum. What a beast. You should have seen the flame come out of that sucker. He offered to let me shoot it and I jumped at the opportunity. Hell yes!

Wow, what a kick. One shot was enough for me. That was a true hand cannon.

The gun was so loud, one of the young Medlock guys came in to see what all the noise was about. Awesome.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Those things are a truckload of fun to shoot. Impressive recoil and blast, but fun. I've only put 3 rounds through one, but I'd do that again.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I enjoy the one I've got and others seem to like shooting it too.
I've loaned it to a guy that's pig and bear hunted with it. He said it's good medicine for whatever you're hunting.

Grumulkin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 500 S&W Magnum is a good cure for flinching and sinusitis. Once you shoot one a few times, your sinuses will be cleared out and puny rounds like the 44 Remington and 460 S&W Magnum won't seem too bad at all.

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you feel like you would like to own one of these hand cannons. I am putting one of mine up for sale tomorrow in my show room next to the Taurus 3" X 3" magnum SS 410/45LC Judge That I also have for sale.

This one is 'Magnums BFR' it shoots the S&W 500 The BFR does not stand for what you think it does, it stands for Biggest Finest Revolver.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a "handy rifle" that round provides significant recoil. Worse than anything I have ever fired. Puts my .338 Win Mag to shame, and is worse than .416 Rem. I want a revolver in .500! CB

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 500 S&W Magnum is a good cure for flinching and sinusitis. Once you shoot one a few times, your sinuses will be cleared out and puny rounds like the 44 Remington and 460 S&W Magnum won't seem too bad at all.

erm, .460 S&W and .500 S&W aren't that far off, really. max 2400ft/lbs vs 2600ft/lbs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom