Shotgun HELP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BUDMAN-BILL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have several handguns, a few rifles and finally my first AR. The one gun I really don't have (other than a couple single shots) is a shotgun. I'm looking for a home defense shot gun and was looking at the Mossberg 930 auto. Anyone have one to give a guy little input??

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only 930 I've ever seen in action kinda puked it's first time out, ended up being a single shot. Keep in mind that this was the first time the weapon had been fired and that it was at a 3-gun match, these two things pretty much guarantee that any weapon will fail. lol... I've read reviews that are all positive and others that are all negative.

For a home defense shotty I like a pump action for a variety of reasons. The shotgun in my stable that gets the most use right now is the Benelli M1, runs like a champ with very little recoil. If I had to pick one shotgun for everything it would be the Benelli!

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless I were limited on funds, if I were in the market for a semi I'd lean more towards a Benelli with a bit of a track record, but the 930 SPX looks pretty damn cool.

I saw one that ran well at the range on cheap Federal bulk pack...but of course, it had been fired before and it wasn't at a 3-gun match. Hahah...

kpk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
870 all the way! Get on gunbroker and you can sometimes find 870p (police) at a decent price. They may not be perfect condition, but they have character, have the nice smooth action (unlike some expresses), and are parkerized. Check em out...if I hadn't gotten my Mossberg 500 for $50 (cut the barrel and durabaked it) I would have most definitly went with a 870p.

sesh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only 930 I've ever seen in action kinda puked it's first time out, ended up being a single shot. Keep in mind that this was the first time the weapon had been fired and that it was at a 3-gun match, these two things pretty much guarantee that any weapon will fail. lol... I've read reviews that are all positive and others that are all negative.

For a home defense shotty I like a pump action for a variety of reasons. The shotgun in my stable that gets the most use right now is the Benelli M1, runs like a champ with very little recoil. If I had to pick one shotgun for everything it would be the Benelli!

He tells me this AFTER he sells me his Mossy 835:comfort:, which I might add is a great shotgun, but after further review I do prefer my Benelli Supernova Tactical.

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 930 SPX that runs great except on cheap Winchester Super X birdshot. Its been through a couple class and didn't have any hiccups.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I Have A Remington 870 Tactical For My Hd Shotgun. It Can Hold 6+1 And Had The Door Knocker On It From The Factory Which Was Nice As It Makes The Barrell Threaded So Other Chokes Could Fit In It.

I Added A Knoxx Ar Style Stock On Mine And Loved It.

Until The Factory Powerder Coating Started Coming Off With Rust Showing Underneath It, Called Remington And It Was A Big Mess To Get Them Fix It And Plus It Is A Act Of Congress To Get Anyone To Ship The Shotgun Back To Remington So I Took It Back To H&h And They Are Stripping It And Recoating It For Me At A Cost Of Just A Little More Than What It Was Going To Cost Me To Ship It Back To Remington.

Latest posts

Top Bottom