Show us your home made tools or repurposed items.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rustygun

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We know reloaders are pretty inventive so show us some of the things you have made or repurposed to make your reloading bench work for you.

here are a few of mine. Racket ball containers to hold reloaded ammo. Plastic gum and mint containers for smaller quantities of ammo. Coffee cans to hold bulk bullets. The rubber mat used to be under the dog bowl.
2FE45547-03FE-4FA4-9CD7-C2B5046602A9.jpeg

Last edited:

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t have pictures, but when I was working on cranes and heavy equipment I took a crane ball, welded and handle to it, and would let it ride in the back of my service truck. When I need a REALLY BFH for knocking pins loose, I would hook the ball onto my crane and swing it with the handle. Essentially a 100+lb hammer hanging from my truck crane. Worked really well. Sometimes it tore out brass bushings with the pins, but oh well.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t have pictures, but when I was working on cranes and heavy equipment I took a crane ball, welded and handle to it, and would let it ride in the back of my service truck. When I need a REALLY BFH for knocking pins loose, I would hook the ball onto my crane and swing it with the handle. Essentially a 100+lb hammer hanging from my truck crane. Worked really well. Sometimes it tore out brass bushings with the pins, but oh well.
I had a 14lb sledge head welded to a sucker rod box end handle with a chain hook on the end of the handle so I could hang it from the Warn winch line and small gin poles that went on my front bumper and a bull pin made from a rail spike driver with a 24" ash handle.
Persuaded alot of pins and stuck bolts.
I also had a chain vice that could be mounted on one of the 6 receiver hitch tube pieces I had welded on the front bumper to be able to use it
Left or right side ends of the schedule 80 bumper tube ànd grill protector, center, or verticle straight up or angles. I had a work light holder pole that would stab into a tube on the bumper too.
Work smarter, use leverage and don't hurt yourself.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Today I was wanting to remove the alignment sleeves around the studs for the cam bearing caps on the Jaguar head. They were stuck in place, and I didn't want to damage them getting them out. I have a ton of tools in my garage but, couldn't find anything I thought would work. Then I thought the sleeves are about the diameter of a .45 cal. bullet. So, I went into my reloading room and looked at my Hornady cam lock bullet puller. I had a .224" collet and a .30 cal. collet but, not a .45 cal. one. So, I fired up the lathe and made a .45 cal. collet. I put the puller with the new collet down over the sleeve and lock the cam. Then I used a 3-jaw bearing on a slide hammer on the puller. I got all the sleeves out without damaging them and I can use the puller on .45 bullets now.
cam cap dowels (1).JPG
cam cap dowels (6).JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom