SHTF and Japanese Citizens Behavior..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked with 2 dyed-in-the-wool, card-carrying, Red Chinese Communists. Both are 2 of the stupidest people I have ever met! I mean just plain dumb. They also both lied through their teeth to the point you had to question absolutely everything they said and did. Now, I personally contribute this more to their Communist society than anything else. I also know that because these 2 exhibited the exact same lack of integrity and other similar qualities, 10 years and half a country apart, that this still is not a true sample of the Chinese as a whole. So I must still reserve my own personal judgement of them.

However I do like The Golden Palace at the corner of Meridian & SW 15th Street!

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worked with 2 dyed-in-the-wool, card-carrying, Red Chinese Communists. Both are 2 of the stupidest people I have ever met! I mean just plain dumb. They also both lied through their teeth to the point you had to question absolutely everything they said and did. Now, I personally contribute this more to their Communist society than anything else. I also know that because these 2 exhibited the exact same lack of integrity and other similar qualities, 10 years and half a country apart, that this still is not a true sample of the Chinese as a whole. So I must still reserve my own personal judgement of them.

However I do like The Golden Palace at the corner of Meridian & SW 15th Street!

I don't doubt that, really, about the Chinese. Their government attempts to control everything they possibly can and spoon-feed their population only what THEY want to. I don't know if I'd equate this to Japanese society though.. Back on Chinese communism, they don't allow google, so they made their own version of "google maps". However, rather than ACTUAL pictures (ya know, like the satellite view and the street view), they re-made everything but used artistic representations and graphics, i.e. fake. Talk about brainwashing.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is because of their culture. The Japanese see the problems they're having, even though they were set off by a natural disaster, as a failure on their part. This is why many of their speeches lately begin with apologies, because they are beginning to admit there is a problem, which they feel is their fault. Honor is everything to them, so it's actually not that surprising they had workers ready to stay on work to try to stop something from happening.

Things are similar here. If something goes wrong, the President takes full responsibility. Quite meaningless since there are no consequences. Sometimes they even become heroes for taking responsibility, which is the same as admitting failure.
Anywhere else besides politics you'll get punished.
Worker: I take full responsibility for wrecking the truck.
Boss: You are fired.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the same time guns are not worth very much if they can be confiscated at the government's pleasure, especially when most needed.

And that has become a real risk here in our "free" country. It seems more and more we are no longer afforded "God given rights", but "government granted permissions".

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a culture difference. They are more of a cultural collective than us here in the good ole "melting pot". They have thousands of years of cultural "compliance" so to speak, its just they way they are. You'd be hard pressed to find this kind of mass behavior anywhere outside of Asia.
I'm sure you'd see both examples of extreme community and extreme chaos..and everything in between, if something this widespread and devistating happened in The USA. Good, bad or indifferent, they are unique as a culture, thats for sure. Good for them and good luck to them!!

FWIW, If TS does ever HTF...Then I'm glad I live somewhere like Oklahoma...

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The word honor still means a lot to the Japanese.
Several years ago, A JAL Boeing 747 had damage in the tail section. The company decided to hire the experts from Boeing to fix it. Something went wrong and the 747 crashed as a result of the repair.
The JAL CEO as head of the company accepted full responsibility and resigned.

Perrone

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's nice to hear Nraman. Too bad we don't have more people in America like that. If that happened here the CEO would just blame all of the mechanics and get them all fired.

Latest posts

Top Bottom