SHTF and Japanese Citizens Behavior..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It darned sure is - it's a direct comparison. Most of Japan is a heavily populated area; so is New Orleans. You don't hear of any looting in any of the large cities in Japan, and it's got nothing to do with whether they have guns or not. They have dignity and self respect. In fact, there is no looting IN SPITE of the fact that no one is armed. That should make for a hotbed of theft and lawlessness.

I don't think there would be quite the looting effect in Woodward or any other small town, especially in the middle part of the country. But if you think for a minute that NOLA is an anomoly, guess again. There are many metro areas in this country that would react just the same. Hell, morons en masse loot and ransack when their pro sports team wins a championship. Just let the balloon go up and see what happens.
eh, you havent heard of any, through the major news networks.. The japanese have organized crime, you just dont hear about it.. I'm not saying there is alot of looting going on, but, I'm sure there's some, and they arent reporting it..

Just like there were charitable stories out of NOLA from Katrina, and in the sorrounding areas.. But, hey, that dont sell like the cover of time magazine..

On the flip side, the national guard still patrol NOLA to this day (in certain areas).. Thats how bad and morally defunct, parts of NOLA were before, during and even now.. But you dont see THAT in the national news, or when anybody went back to re-visit with the anniversary specials..

So, I dont believe much of what I see on the propoganda machines.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are people that screw up with alcohol and drugs in Japan too; but over there you screw up and they drop the hammer on you. If you go to jail, you basically need permission to crap. If you kill someone with your car you will pay their family to replace what they were financially worth. It is no joke when you FU.
I lived there for 4 years. The people enjoy life like we do too.

Last edited:

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I guess the difference is that the Japanese government has already disarmed their population long ago. Not like the knee-jerk, unconstitutional governmental theft of lawfully owned arms that occurred after Katrina.

i am not trying to assume you are suggesting that the difference between the way the Americans in new orlanes acted during Katrina, and the way the Japanese act now, is because they do not have guns. but i believe it is much more than that and that their owning arms has nothing to do with it.

the Japanese and in fact most Asians all together, are very respectful and thoughtful people. they are also very smart and trust their government because that is how they are brought up.
my school did an exchange program for what i think was the last time they were able to when i was in highschool 4 years ago, and the students and the things our students said were simply remarkable. our teachers literally had to tell our students to be careful not to compliment physical items when speaking to the Chinese they meet because they would most likely literally remove and give them to the students without a second thought.
i think the Japanese are very smart and trust their government because their leaders prepare them and look out for their well being, and their citizens acknowledge and are thankful for this. (i am not an expert, and i know corruption and injustice exists in their land just as it does in ours) but over all in the cities and the schools and the places of work. they actually routinely drill and practice for safety, its a big deal, much more so than ours. to watch an evacuation of a building during a drill and compare the same style and number occupation facility for an american school vs a japanese school. there is simply no comparison. the japanese are far more orderly and serious about the drill.

and what good would it do for them to be loud and riot and be hateful to the people who run out of water or supplies to distribute after they had been waiting for them... its not going to make the items magically appear. the citizens know this and know that they must remain calm and look out for each other.

i have had a love of their culture for some time and i know this is going to make me sound stupid or ignorant, but i watch a great number of their original animes, and (giant robots, and magic aside) you can really see their culture in the way they display themselves in the work.

it does not surprise me at all that their citizens will handle these disasters far better than ours do and ever will.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am not trying to assume you are suggesting that the difference between the way the Americans in new orlanes acted during Katrina, and the way the Japanese act now, is because they do not have guns. but i believe it is much more than that and that their owning arms has nothing to do with it.

the Japanese and in fact most Asians all together, are very respectful and thoughtful people. they are also very smart and trust their government because that is how they are brought up.
my school did an exchange program for what i think was the last time they were able to when i was in highschool 4 years ago, and the students and the things our students said were simply remarkable. our teachers literally had to tell our students to be careful not to compliment physical items when speaking to the Chinese they meet because they would most likely literally remove and give them to the students without a second thought.
i think the Japanese are very smart and trust their government because their leaders prepare them and look out for their well being, and their citizens acknowledge and are thankful for this. (i am not an expert, and i know corruption and injustice exists in their land just as it does in ours) but over all in the cities and the schools and the places of work. they actually routinely drill and practice for safety, its a big deal, much more so than ours. to watch an evacuation of a building during a drill and compare the same style and number occupation facility for an american school vs a japanese school. there is simply no comparison. the japanese are far more orderly and serious about the drill.

and what good would it do for them to be loud and riot and be hateful to the people who run out of water or supplies to distribute after they had been waiting for them... its not going to make the items magically appear. the citizens know this and know that they must remain calm and look out for each other.

i have had a love of their culture for some time and i know this is going to make me sound stupid or ignorant, but i watch a great number of their original animes, and (giant robots, and magic aside) you can really see their culture in the way they display themselves in the work.

it does not surprise me at all that their citizens will handle these disasters far better than ours do and ever will.
Well said sir....

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Fact still stands that they've been disarmed for generations and we're not (except after Katrina). That was the point I made. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about them or us, except that should a riot happen, no matter the location, we're better equipped for self defense. No need to be insulted.

Thorgrim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Fact still stands that they've been disarmed for generations and we're not (except after Katrina). That was the point I made. I wasn't trying to insinuate anything about them or us, except that should a riot happen, no matter the location, we're better equipped for self defense. No need to be insulted.
Just because someone doesn't have a gun doesn't mean they are disarmed. You can still get a gun over there if you are connected. It would be easy to use a bow, knife or baseball bat to defend oneself. This issue is about respect and self control.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The May 1999 tornado could be a good example of a bad situation in Oklahoma, especially since that hit the OKC metro area. Don't recall too much of a problem with the locals in that area like you had in NOLA. Don't recall hearing problems from other places along the gulf coast that were even more devastated then NOLA.

As I recall, after the May 1999 tornado, the crime rate in Metro OKC actually went down dramatically and stayed that way for awhile.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This issue is about respect and self control.
I agree. The people in Katrina was the entitlement crowd. They were going to take from anyone, because people "owed it to them". I am sure that some good people were down there, but the ones causing the trouble were scum. They are the ones who are still sitting on the street corner drinking and pissed off, because someone has not gave them a free home yet. Yes I know, but someone had to say it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom