Sig M11-A1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was looking around at Academy this afternoon and I had the guy at the gun counter show me this pistol from sig. I am a huge Glock fan and carry a g19 but let me tell you. I am really thinking about getting this pistol and replacing my Glock. It fit in my hand perfectly and the slide was smooth as could be. I really liked the looks and feel of it. It was $999. Pretty pricey for me but if it is a great pistol I wouldn't mind paying it. Do any of you have any experience with this pistol? What are your thoughts on me switching from my Glock to this? One of the things I love about my Glock is the ease of field stripping it. Is the sig easy or is it complicated like a Walther? Thanks for the help.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's one of the many recent great pistols by Sig. Field strip is a breeze, no tools required. Unload pistol, lock slide back, move takedown lever and slide the slide off the receiver. All my Sigs are durable and reliable. And all are accurate. They are a bit pricy but are tough as nails.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Sig P228 is THE best pistol Sig made IMO. Wished I hadn't sold mine long ago. Accurate, reliable and as stated previously.... will last forever.

okietool

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check with Tin Star Shooting Range at Weatherford, they always give me a good price and tax is only 5.5%, on a $1000 gun that's about a $50 savings over in town prices, maybe enough to pay for your gas out there and back.

[email protected]

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The Sig P228 is THE best pistol Sig made IMO. Wished I hadn't sold mine long ago. Accurate, reliable and as stated previously.... will last forever.

Mine's staying as long as I can possible afford to do so.

i157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_Sig_IMG_7938_PI_7x5_B_PS_650x464.jpg

You're welcome to try mine out some time, but I don't know when I'll be back down that way.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are great pistols, it's the same as a P228, but is marketed as having special coating for corrosion resistance. If you are a Glock guy, then you may have an issue switching trigger systems. The Sig is no glock trigger!

Latest posts

Top Bottom