Sig P229 Enhanced Elite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got this pistol in a trade yesterday; it feels solid! I have been wanting a P229 for awhile and this one, along with EIGHT (8) mags came home with me. I fiddled with it some, but haven’t shot it yet, (unless you count just randomly firing out the car windows at street lamps and various street signs and such). No; seriously, I’m looking forward to some range time with this gun. It has the Short Reset Trigger and the frame is Titanium Blue. I am not sure about the color, I like it better this morning than I did last night so...we’ll see if it stays like this or gets ceracoated. Might do it in a sharp looking gray color or something to contrast with the slide...or maybe I’ll just leave it alone. Like I said; I like it better this morning than I did last night.

For now though, I’m just going to shoot it and shoot it and shoot it some more. I kinda got lucky on a holster too; UBG Holsters just happened to have a black, RH pre-made RTBA Pancake Holster sitting on the UBG web site; needless to say I punched the “Buy Now” button and it will be in my hand in a few days. I like the UBG RTBA Holster a lot; I have like 4 of them already for different pistols. I am also a big fan of swapping out grips, but this pistol came with the Sig one piece wrap around ergonomic grip...and it didn’t have the special grip removal tool you need to correctly pop them off so you can put on other grips. I’ll root around online to see if I can find one to buy or else apply some USMC ingenuity and come up with a way to get this one piece grip off...maybe even without breaking it. We’ll see. So I haven’t owned a Sig in a few years; I did have P239, but somebody wanted it pretty bad and gave me more money than I would have asked for it so I let them have it. Damn that was a purty pistol too.

I did have one problem with it last night; when I went to put it in the safe, I slipped it in a slot next to a Glock and the Sig seemed to have some strange force field or something around it; I had to move it over a few slots to get it to stay in there. I put a Ruger MK IV in 22 between them, the Glock didn’t seem to mind but I swear I heard the Sig complaining about having to live in the ghetto or something, I dunno. Anyway, I’ll see if I can take some more pics to add here in a bit. I just pulled this one off the ad...I think I’m gonna like it, even though it’s DA/SA and of that, a big fan I am not.
911dc42f69ea0726fec709104c47d799.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

sedona

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I rented a 229 and a 228 several years ago and put 100 through each of them.They were both good shooters.The DA/SA didn't bother me to much at the time because the only pistol I owned was a ruger P95 .I always planned on buy one or 2 but other guns got in the way.If nothing else they are good looking pistols so I am sure your glock feels like the ugly girl in class.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Beautiful and chosen by some of the finest fighting forces in the universe!! Decocker grew on me as I carry a P226 TACOPS in the same configuration. Enjoy, she will be faithful and true.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Daaaym. I was looking at that deal for a couple days.

Let us know how that special trigger does when you take it out. I never really paid much attention to trigger reset.

Defcon Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got this pistol in a trade yesterday; it feels solid! I have been wanting a P229 for awhile and this one, along with EIGHT (8) mags came home with me. I fiddled with it some, but haven’t shot it yet, (unless you count just randomly firing out the car windows at street lamps and various street signs and such). No; seriously, I’m looking forward to some range time with this gun. It has the Short Reset Trigger and the frame is Titanium Blue. I am not sure about the color, I like it better this morning than I did last night so...we’ll see if it stays like this or gets ceracoated. Might do it in a sharp looking gray color or something to contrast with the slide...or maybe I’ll just leave it alone. Like I said; I like it better this morning than I did last night.

For now though, I’m just going to shoot it and shoot it and shoot it some more. I kinda got lucky on a holster too; UBG Holsters just happened to have a black, RH pre-made RTBA Pancake Holster sitting on the UBG web site; needless to say I punched the “Buy Now” button and it will be in my hand in a few days. I like the UBG RTBA Holster a lot; I have like 4 of them already for different pistols. I am also a big fan of swapping out grips, but this pistol came with the Sig one piece wrap around ergonomic grip...and it didn’t have the special grip removal tool you need to correctly pop them off so you can put on other grips. I’ll root around online to see if I can find one to buy or else apply some USMC ingenuity and come up with a way to get this one piece grip off...maybe even without breaking it. We’ll see. So I haven’t owned a Sig in a few years; I did have P239, but somebody wanted it pretty bad and gave me more money than I would have asked for it so I let them have it. Damn that was a purty pistol too.

I did have one problem with it last night; when I went to put it in the safe, I slipped it in a slot next to a Glock and the Sig seemed to have some strange force field or something around it; I had to move it over a few slots to get it to stay in there. I put a Ruger MK IV in 22 between them, the Glock didn’t seem to mind but I swear I heard the Sig complaining about having to live in the ghetto or something, I dunno. Anyway, I’ll see if I can take some more pics to add here in a bit. I just pulled this one off the ad...I think I’m gonna like it, even though it’s DA/SA and of that, a big fan I am not.
911dc42f69ea0726fec709104c47d799.jpg

Same problem my Nighthawks and Ed Browns have when I put an M11A1 or P226 to close to them :-)

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've carried a P229 for several years. I don't think you'll be disappointed in the least. If by some chance you are I'll give you a couple hundred for it just to make you feel better.

Latest posts

Top Bottom