Sig P238

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdh77

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
"hands down".......Really? So what you are saying is there is no other quality .380 pistol produced and no argument can be made that a different pistol might be better for some people in some situations? When talking about .380s size DOES matter and the P238 is much smaller. I also prefer the familiar controls on the P238 over the P232. I have owned many .380s including a P232, my favorite .380 of all time is the CZ 83.

Sorry, let me rephrase that, "In my opinion" the best .380 produced. I said nothing bad about any others. Not trying to start a pissing contest, but no need to jump up and slap someone over offering an opinion......

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

carlstretch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Sig P238. I pocket carry it during the work week. IMO, it's the best semi-auto pocket pistol I've ever shot. I tried the Kahr, the P232, and a few others but I immediately fell in love with the P238 on my first shot.

DDriller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife bought a LCP and hated it, gave it to me. She bought a P238 and hated it, gave it to me. She bought a Walther PK380 and loves it. The LCP is not fun to shoot very much but is great to carry. The Sig P238 is great to shoot and since my wife gave it to me I really like shooting it. Only down side to the P238 is the safety is on the wrong side and they don't make an ambi safety for it yet. It's not a 1911 but it works for a small carry package.

GoldenBear

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only down side to the P238 is the safety is on the wrong side and they don't make an ambi safety for it yet. It's not a 1911 but it works for a small carry package.
You've got two options:
One, it's a factory option now for the P238 Black Diamond variation. Order the appropriate part from SIG and have your local gunsmith install it.

Two, Todd at Customized Creationz built an installed a ambi-safety for my P238 (including the appropriate right side grip panel). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-VviWkaEiE#t=8m47s
Contact him to find out if he is still offering this service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom