Signing Up For Social Security

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree. I think the break even point is 83 yrs old. That’s the point where you get more money for waiting until full retirement age. I waited until I was 67, but I’m in good health. If I had a cardiac history or have diabetes, etc., 62 would be a better time, money wise.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless you’ve got some underlying health conditions, I’d recommend you wait until your full retirement age. If you can wait until you turn 70. Each year you wait beyond full retirement age you’ll get an additional 8% In benefit dollars.
I’ve heard this too, but I had a financial advisor tell me to draw as soon as I could. He said if I waited, I’d be lucky to live long enough to make back the difference.
At least living a good lifestyle where I could enjoy my retirement.
I still have a long time to go, before I need to worry about it.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IF you made a lot of money in 2022, more than previous years, then it may behoove you to wait until 2022 income is reported to the SSA. The more money you made, thus the more your 30 year average will be to calculate your benefits. You can check your reporting to the SSA on your statement on the SSA website.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
I’ve heard this too, but I had a financial advisor tell me to draw as soon as I could. He said if I waited, I’d be lucky to live long enough to make back the difference.
If it was me I’d fire that financial advisor.
My greedy BIL started collecting at 62 and within 6 months he had to go back to work and he didn’t have much of a nest egg to draw from.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here. AND I've read more than a few articles here and there which have said the same thing. I started drawing at soon as I had my 62nd birthday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom