Siphoned gas and Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about the wired stuff but with the wi-fi stuff, you can monitor on your cell phone and even verbally interact with the person.
Usually cheaper than wired, easier to install and no wires to be cut.
You can do that with wired stuff too, and wireless is easier to jam without bothering to cut wires that would be in your attic or walls anyway. You have to use batteries or run wires to power WiFi cameras too.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You have to use batteries or run wires to power WiFi cameras too.
You don't have to run wires to power Wyze cams. Just plug them into a USB port that is protected by a USB and your good to go. Cams that follow motion up to 364 degrees, 1080P night vision with spotlights, sirens and so on. AI technology to identify if it's a person or just motion. You can filter the motion if wanted.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One major issue with WiFi Cameras, internet goes down, you are blind. With a DVR (Digital Video System) You may be unable to use a Smartphone or Tablet App, but as long as there is power they keep working. It is also YOUR CHOICE as to who you share info with. Blink, Ring, and some others have been shown to have had employees log in as well (for kicks.) DVR with a UPS and wired Camera's, no worries.
Huh? Internet and WiFi are two different things. Some nvrs can also be hooked up over WiFi. You aren’t blind if your internet goes down and you are on your home network.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't have to run wires to power Wyze cams. Just plug them into a USB port that is protected by a USB and your good to go. Cams that follow motion up to 364 degrees, 1080P night vision with spotlights, sirens and so on. AI technology to identify if it's a person or just motion. You can filter the motion if wanted.
last time I checked, usb is a wire ;)

I’ve heard good things about Wyze cameras.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
last time I checked, usb is a wire ;)

I’ve heard good things about Wyze cameras.
BLAH, BLAH, it doesn't use cable like CAT5 or a LAN cable. That is cable. :laugh6:
Twin pairs of 22 ga wire do not constitute cable.
I'm a fan boy of the WYZE line of cams. They just keep getting better with the AI.
I'm a beta tester getting the new stuff to test before they hit the market.
The stuff coming is going to be really impressive.

okcowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://montavue.com/
I bought a set 5 years ago and have not had any problems.
It was a little more expensive than something almost comparable from Sam's or Costco and worth it.
NVR (pick your size and number of channels) ability to add more cameras later is nice
rebranded Dahua (chinese cameras) but with support from english speaking citizens of Wyoming.
American cameras would probably be the best but they too expensive. I have some small ones at work that cost about $2,500 each and that was 10 years ago
100 foot ethernet cables (many of the big box store brands have 50 ft cables)
They have "packages" with different NVRs and cameras so you pick what fits your needs best
You can monitor on your phone, recieve alerts and video clips if desired
Recommend 4K resolution with 30 fps (NOT 15 fps)
on sale this month

On a side note, my cameras are only HD so if someone wants some older cameras so I can upgrade to 4K, send me a message.

ICanFixIt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two Nite-Owl systems, and am reasonably happy with them. They are hard-wired and are set up to record 24x7. They will record about 6 days before they start to overwrite old data. They are on a UPS and HDMI hard-wired to the tv in the living room and garage. They are hard-wired to my network router (it is also on a UPS.) so I can view the cameras from anywhere in the world where there in an available internet connection. The Night Owl Connect and Night Owl Protect software sucks, but I haven't found a better alternative. The night vision is amazingly good. Someone expressed concerns about distance limitations. One of my cameras is about 150 feet from the house and has worked flawlessly for the 2 1/2 years it has been in service. If I had it to do over again, I would have exactly what I have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom