Snake in the house!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:laugh6: now THAT's funny

Had just gotten home from work when my phone started ringing. Picked it up to hear hysterical, out of control laughter. Dad finally starts telling me, he had just gotten home. Walked in the front door and the carpet looks like a tiller has been run over it. He walks all through house and sees nothing until he reaches MB.
Mom is standing in the middle of the bed with a meat cleaver held above her head.

She was crossing the living room and sees this GIANT (1 ft long garter) snake slip through the doorjamb. She runs to the kitchen and grabs the cleaver. Goes back to hunt the GIANT MAN-KILLING POISONOUS ANACONDA garter snake. Sees the snake on the carpet, drops to her knees and starts chopping. Wish we had vid and YOUTUBE back then. Dad swears it was just to get new carpet that the snake never existed, but I had seen a garter in the flowerbeds at the front porch several times. Just never told Mom it was there.

Wimmens and snakes .................... since Eve, nothing good ever comes from the meetings.

When I was a teenager out in west Tx, there was a rancher that let dove hunt his place. He was 80yo and his wife was 77. They lived 5 miles from the highway. Their mailbox was by the gate at the highway. She would walk to the mailbox every morning before cooking breakfast for him and 6 ranch hands. She carried an old H&R single shot 20 ga on her mail trip. One morning she was almost to the house when she heard something. Looking around she seen a rattlesnake (over 7ft) wrapped around the hub between the duals on his pickup. BLAM Woke up everybody, destroyed 2 tires (less than a week old) and proceeded to clean the snake to fry up for breakfast. They don't make em like that anymore. Except maybe BB.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My mom has no problem with snakes--she would occasionally bring one back from the park when I was a kid. I don't have a problem with snakes, either, unless they're trying to bite me. Or in the house; if they go in the house, they're bought and paid for--I don't particularly want to worry about getting bit by a snake in my own living room. Same goes for spiders--the orb weavers can build their huge, beautiful webs wherever they want, even on the porch, as long as they stay out of the house and don't spin webs in my walkways. Those that do get to learn why baseballs don't like to hear "play ball." :D

Stan Upchurch

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dennis, never Kill, I mean never kill a snake. They eat about one ton of rats and mice a year. If they bother you get a trash can and scoop them up, put a lid on and take them outside and release them. Or call me I'll remove them for you. If the head looks like and arrow head it have venom. You may( scooping is better) kill those.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dennis, never Kill, I mean never kill a snake. They eat about one ton of rats and mice a year. If they bother you get a trash can and scoop them up, put a lid on and take them outside and release them. Or call me I'll remove them for you. If the head looks like and arrow head it have venom. You may( scooping is better) kill those.

Dennis' wife killed this snake while he was away from the house.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm probably lucky she doesn't use guns from what the rest of you are saying. She is that paranoid of them.
Probably comes from having 3 dogs bit by copperheads, resulting in the death of one.
Me, I'd have just picked it up, took a pic and put it over the fence.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had trouble with copperheads too...three bites and not deaths thank God. Sorry to hear your wife was tramatized. And glad to hear she and your house are OK. I told my wife we've moved enough and my next move it to the funeral home. She told me that can be arranged if she ever sees a snake in our house. She said she's moving, I can go with her or not...

Latest posts

Top Bottom