Snub nose revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you're entitled to your opinion, but i would offer some caveats;

pocket shooting is possible with a revolver more so than with a semi auto.

Revolvers have renowned reliability and their simplicity makes fumbling and limp wristing a fairly non-issue.

Up close and personal, a revolver can't be pushed out of battery. You can shove it into someone and pull the trigger and it will go bang.

also, revolvers tend to be less finnicky with ammo.

They're also easier to conceal in a pocket due to their dimensions than a 9mm autoloader. I find carrying a snub nose about the same as carry a .380 lcp, but with 38 +p a lot more firepower.

My PM9 carries better than my 37-2 and my 642 I used to own so I'm not sure about that. I think BOTH platforms have their merit but relying on pocket shooting is retarded IMO. FOF classes might give you some better insight. Either way, I might start carrying my Kimber K6 here or there, just need to find a good holster.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the short barrel ammo was also developed with less muzzle flash. I had an so 101 and put max hand loads of 296 andb125 gr bullet the muzzle flash looked like it was 3 foot long

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you're entitled to your opinion, but i would offer some caveats;

pocket shooting is possible with a revolver more so than with a semi auto.

Revolvers have renowned reliability and their simplicity makes fumbling and limp wristing a fairly non-issue.

Up close and personal, a revolver can't be pushed out of battery. You can shove it into someone and pull the trigger and it will go bang.

also, revolvers tend to be less finnicky with ammo.

They're also easier to conceal in a pocket due to their dimensions than a 9mm autoloader. I find carrying a snub nose about the same as carry a .380 lcp, but with 38 +p a lot more firepower.

I carry in a holster, so don’t care about “shooting out of a pocket”. Do people really loose carry guns in pockets?

I’ve shot hundreds of rounds from my PC shield and G19 without issue, so that next issue is also negated.

My G19 and PC Shield aren’t finicky with any ammo I’ve used so again, negated.

I have zero issues carrying a thinner 9mm than a thicker revolver so don’t understand that point either - plus my 9mm>.38 (no way I’d want 357 in a J-frame) and I’m carrying 10rds of 9mm in that shield and 16 in that G19.

But hey, do what makes you happy!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When I carry a wheel gun its my SW640No-Dash .38Spl. I also have a 2nd generation Colt Detective Special. I've found that Hornady's new Critical defense 38Spl load of a 90gr FTX bullet non+P load is perfect for both, an push's the little pill at over 1000 FPS out of a 2" barrel. Back-up ammo is carried in one speed loader an one Speed-Strip. I have a Galco Royal Guard holster for the Colt, and several holster options for the SW640, pocket holster an IWB rig made by PJ-Holster, and a Bug-Bite ankle rig for Ankle carry.

Some times I use the 640 as a primary with my LCP-II for a bug-gun. If the Colt is used as primary, the 640 or LCP-II is used as Bug gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom