So glad I didn't pick OU for my higher education.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody proof reads around hear.

ee12e7ce5fd2819cf4e06690db2bee6b.jpg

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just don't understand all the school debt. I worked my way through college and when I got my degree I didn't have any debt. Besides I had a great time while I was there. So was it worth it? To me it was.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just don't understand all the school debt. I worked my way through college and when I got my degree I didn't have any debt. Besides I had a great time while I was there. So was it worth it? To me it was.
Debt is easy to understand. Look at the cost of an average schools tuition in the 70s versus minimum wage versus the same now.

When I was in school per year it was 1500 per credit hour times 15 hours so 22500 for JUST the classes. Factor room, board, books, supplies etc and I was around 32k a year. I think minimum was 5 or 6ish back then. Let's say it was 6... That means I'd have to work 5000 hours a year to cover which equates to about 21 hours a day. So slightly impossible.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Debt is easy to understand. Look at the cost of an average schools tuition in the 70s versus minimum wage versus the same now.

When I was in school per year it was 1500 per credit hour times 15 hours so 22500 for JUST the classes. Factor room, board, books, supplies etc and I was around 32k a year. I think minimum was 5 or 6ish back then. Let's say it was 6... That means I'd have to work 5000 hours a year to cover which equates to about 21 hours a day. So slightly impossible.
Yeah, what private school were you attending? All in, OU will run you around $4,600/semester (in-state) for an undergrad degree, and I'd guess OSU is about the same.

If you're paying $32K/year for your undergrad work, you've made some poor life choices.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, what private school were you attending? All in, OU will run you around $4,600/semester (in-state) for an undergrad degree, and I'd guess OSU is about the same.

If you're paying $32K/year for your undergrad work, you've made some poor life choices.
Are you sure about that? Like, really sure? I mean, their own websites here show OU's estimated costs at 31k per year. Here's the breakdown for OU and OSU and the links there should you want to look. OSU was a little cheaper at 28k estimated. As expected TU (also linked) was the highest cost at 56K but to save post space I'll not copy/paste that.

https://www.ou.edu/admissions/affordability/costhttps://go.okstate.edu/scholarships...e/undergraduate-cost/in-state-cost/index.htmlhttps://utulsa.edu/financial-aid/tuition-costs/

OU:​

Average Direct Cost EstimateCost
Tuition & Fees*$12,788
Housing & Food$11,700
Books & Supplies$800
Total Average Direct Cost Estimate for Residents$25,288

Average Indirect Cost EstimateCost
Personal & Miscellaneous$4,238
Transportation$2,324
Loan Fees$71
Total Average Indirect Cost Estimate for Residents$6,633

Total Average Cost Estimates for Residents (Direct & Indirect)$31,545