OKRuss ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is an OK guy!! 💖💖💖

He came and rototilled a spot in the front yard so I can get started working on a pollinator garden for my future bee hive(s). I am beyond grateful!! (Glad I could help you figure out why it wouldn't start. 😉😂)

He didn't even kick my dog. So ... All in all we ALL had a nice time -- at least I think Russ did. 🤷

Thanks again, Russ! Soon as Taylor and the kids get cleaned out the rest of the way and the border around it, I'll post some pics. I'm happy as a bug in a rug!! 😘😘

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Russ is good to go! Upstanding guy.

Yep!! He cracked me up SO bad, though. Had the nerve to tell me to stay in my lane! 😂😂😂 And I even baked him and the Missus some cookies and sent backyard fresh eggs with him. 😇

But in all seriousness, he saved me and my surrogate kid and grandkids SEVERAL DAYS worth of work. Taking out established bermuda grass without chemicals ain't for the faint of heart so I am very grateful he went out of his way to come visit.

I'll get some pics of the boys in the morning. I know I appreciated what Russ did but since these kids think they are coming over to dig out this bed by hand they are gonna think Russ is a GOD among men when they see how nicely broke up that spot is now. 😁😁😁 I can hardly wait to surprise them!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice meeting you Patti! I'm always glad to help someone out and the cookies were just icing on the cake. Ate one before getting to 23rd, another at 10th, the 3rd at Reno. Luckily I hit a red light at Reno and was able to put the entire bag in the passenger floorboard so couldn't reach! Thank you for the cookies and eggs!

I'll go ahead and elaborate on me telling her to stay in her lane and WHY I didn't get clubbed with a shovel when I turned my back! Before going to her place yesterday, I put some gas in the tiller and started it to make sure all was good when I got there. Got there, had a little chit-chat, met the dog then got to work. Unloaded tiller and it started right up! YEAH BABY! Started tilling and got about 5 feet on the first row and it died. DAMN. Pulled and it started back up.....then died. So, I pulled the cord a few times with/without choke. Nothing. Patti had the nerve to ask the "girl question" - Does it have gas? I looked at her like she had 3 heads. Got out my extension cord since it has an electric start too. STILL wouldn't start. Sheepishly I had to look in the gas tank. SUMBEECH! Apparently it had a leak(no way I didn't put in enough gas). No way. Patti had a gas can and as I was filling it up I gave her a good chewing out about NEVER doing that to a man and she should stay in her lane and stick to baking cookies!! :bolt:Had a great laugh and each time I made a pass tilling I could see a little smirk on her face. I generally HATE being wrong but was okay with this one time.

As much as I want to say there was a leak, it still had gas in the tank this morning so I just hadn't put in as much as I thought. Pretty sure it was the sun giving me a reflection from the bottom of the tank and I thought it was full. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope the kids/grandkids are happy with the work. Offer is always 'open' for using the small tiller in the back like we talked about for next spring. And, if they think I'm a "God among men", who am I to burst their bubble?!?! :)

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice meeting you Patti! I'm always glad to help someone out and the cookies were just icing on the cake. Ate one before getting to 23rd, another at 10th, the 3rd at Reno. Luckily I hit a red light at Reno and was able to put the entire bag in the passenger floorboard so couldn't reach! Thank you for the cookies and eggs!

I'll go ahead and elaborate on me telling her to stay in her lane and WHY I didn't get clubbed with a shovel when I turned my back! Before going to her place yesterday, I put some gas in the tiller and started it to make sure all was good when I got there. Got there, had a little chit-chat, met the dog then got to work. Unloaded tiller and it started right up! YEAH BABY! Started tilling and got about 5 feet on the first row and it died. DAMN. Pulled and it started back up.....then died. So, I pulled the cord a few times with/without choke. Nothing. Patti had the nerve to ask the "girl question" - Does it have gas? I looked at her like she had 3 heads. Got out my extension cord since it has an electric start too. STILL wouldn't start. Sheepishly I had to look in the gas tank. SUMBEECH! Apparently it had a leak(no way I didn't put in enough gas). No way. Patti had a gas can and as I was filling it up I gave her a good chewing out about NEVER doing that to a man and she should stay in her lane and stick to baking cookies!! :bolt:Had a great laugh and each time I made a pass tilling I could see a little smirk on her face. I generally HATE being wrong but was okay with this one time.

As much as I want to say there was a leak, it still had gas in the tank this morning so I just hadn't put in as much as I thought. Pretty sure it was the sun giving me a reflection from the bottom of the tank and I thought it was full. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope the kids/grandkids are happy with the work. Offer is always 'open' for using the small tiller in the back like we talked about for next spring. And, if they think I'm a "God among men", who am I to burst their bubble?!?! :)

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And I'm REALLY glad it wasn't leaking (it's okay sweetie you can admit you're glad too! 😁😉😂😂😂
OH, hell no! I was hoping for a big puddle of gas and just having to replace an old fuel line! Admitting to not having enough gas in the tank will just help in my rehabilitation and re-applying for my man card. :)

Now, get back in the kitchen! :nutkick:

Latest posts

Top Bottom