So I Bought A New Mattresses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From my research- Sleep number is a pair of adjustable air mattresses with a board between them. Some people love them, but most people find the center section annoying and the whole setup overpriced. Does anyone have a mattress from OKC Mattress Company? They seem to have good reviews.
I never saw the sleep number thing other than huge commissions for the sales folks in dedicated stores. The board thing in the middle was a no brainer that it wasn't going to happen for us. Three of us share the bed. The dog in the middle.......he might get grumpy.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're shopping mattresses so I've read a lot of reviews especially on the Sleep Number. It's reviews range from great to horrible and they're expensive. My brother is very happy with Temporpedic that was $4k for mattress and box springs. The Leesa Saapira hybrid looks good at around $1500. Interested in experiences of others before shelling out the $. I need firm like a hotel bed.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love my Temperpedic Mattress. It’s like 10 years old but still awesome. Firm, but not overly so. Supportive in all the right places. It was expensive but well worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love my Temperpedic Mattress. It’s like 10 years old but still awesome. Firm, but not overly so. Supportive in all the right places. It was expensive but well worth it to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I too spoiled myself years a go with a temperpedic and the only bad thing is that now I can't sleep on anything else. I now have a temperpedic mattress topper that I take on trips to help remedy that problem and it works well.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I too spoiled myself years a go with a temperpedic and the only bad thing is that now I can't sleep on anything else. I now have a temperpedic mattress topper that I take on trips to help remedy that problem and it too works well.
I'm not understanding what you said. You love your temperpedic, and you love your topper.
Yet you take your topper elsewhere and have good sleep. Should one just buy the topper?

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not understanding what you said. You love your temperpedic, and you love your topper.
Yet you take your topper elsewhere and have good sleep. Should one just buy the topper?

In my defense it is late. :) I have a twin size topper that I take with and I actually think all you would need is the topper. As far as full disclosure is concerned I also have a queen tempurpedic topper on top of a tempurpedic mattress. That is correct :) it is double tempurpedic products. It is great. My intent for the queen topper is for when I find the right deal on a camper then it will go in it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone ever tried a nice sleep number? I’ve only slept on a crappy one during a sleep study. Felt like a damn water bed

The wife and I have had Select Comfort mattresses for the last 15 years. Our first was a home unit in what they called an "extended queen" sized mattress. When we sold our home and moved into the RV, the RV has a regular queen mattress. We wouldn't sleep on anything else.

I like telling people that with our Select Comfort, the wife sets her side at about 40 to 45 and I set my side anywhere from 80 to 100, generally 100. Even with that much difference in our comfort "levels," we can both rave about the mattress. How many other mattresses can provide couples that want different firmness just what they want?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're shopping mattresses so I've read a lot of reviews especially on the Sleep Number. It's reviews range from great to horrible and they're expensive. My brother is very happy with Temporpedic that was $4k for mattress and box springs. The Leesa Saapira hybrid looks good at around $1500. Interested in experiences of others before shelling out the $. I need firm like a hotel bed.

There is a mattress company in Edmond we buy from. You can get firm there easily for a lot less money than most places. Our first one from there lasted about 10 years and we paid like $500 for it. One we have now was closer to $1000 and we add a 3" memory foam topper from Walmart. We the mattress protector we feel it will last until the daughter sticks us in a nursing home.

Here you go.

http://sleepworldok.com/

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We're in the market for a new king mattress so I'm watching this thread with interest......our current mattress is SEVERAL years old and it's time for a new one.

I can't remember the name of the outfit but a fella that I used to work with said he bought one from a company that makes mattresses just off of Reno on that street that leads back to H & H Gun Range (Vermont ?) that he was very happy with.

Last edited:

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a company in OKC that has made mattresses for decades, since 1906, they are hand-made and over stuffed with cotton-plus they can be flipped. Oklahoma Mattress Company on NW 4th. If I can't a resolution with my mattress I'm going to check them out and have them make one to my specs. Mattress Firm will be another look at, their prices are good and they back their product-120 day sleep guarantee.

Latest posts

Top Bottom