So I Thought I Was Good...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

usmc1986

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep a can of compressed air handy for when you spill powder on the press.

If you get powder on the shellplate it can cause plate rotation issues or priming issues when, not if, it gets down into the primer slide channel or in/under the shellplate. There is no good place for spilled powder to fall off the press. Use the compressed air to blow it out of the crevices before it causes a problem.

That's no joke. I spilled a bit when I first got my LNL AP.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always count 100 bullets and when I'm down to the last three I reload the primer tube and count another 100 bullets. My press is an old Hornady Projector so I'm not familiar with the L-N-L but my Projector has been working for over 15 years and still going strong.

SteveD2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quick note for those loading .223 on the L-N-L with the supplied powder drop and small rifle insert: Extruded powder will bridge across the funnel insert if you are not going really slow. I have about 25 rounds I need to pull because I didn't notice in time. Ball powder (Hodgdon H335 for me) works great.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Quick note for those loading .223 on the L-N-L with the supplied powder drop and small rifle insert: Extruded powder will bridge across the funnel insert if you are not going really slow. I have about 25 rounds I need to pull because I didn't notice in time. Ball powder (Hodgdon H335 for me) works great.

I plan on loading tons of .223, using Varget. I'll keep an eye out for your advice.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.

I've had better luck in my AR with W748 than H335 but every gun is different.
The 748 meters very well out of the LNL powder measure.

Latest posts

Top Bottom