So I was riding my motorcycle this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lane splitters dont piss me off. I was young once, now it's their turn. Big freaking deal, let them go by and mind your own business.

I have seen lane splitters blast by and startle other drivers causing them to swerve. That is my problem with them. One did it to my father when I was a passenger in the car. One minute the biker boy was several cars back in another lane and the next blasting by my fathers window. Scared my father so bad we almost went off the road. I have seen this a few times.

Just because you are on two wheels does not give you the right to ignore common courtesy any more then the people in cars have the right to ignore your safety.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
brake checking is not very smart and very dangerous, if they want to pass, lay off the gas. is it really worth it??

as far as the lit cig prob op talked about, who do you call... my pops says he calls 911.

Brake checking is probably one of the smarter things I have seen mentioned. If they hit you its their fault. If you have the time and don't mind the inconvenience.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I've been riding bikes a while and am amazed at the number of drivers tossing cigarettes and other trash out their windows. I'd like to see everyone of them dressed in orange jumpsuits picking up trash for an entire weekend in the high temps we've had lately. I've also seen idiot motorcycle riders blasting down the road in just a t shirt and shorts but that's for another thread. Everyone should drive safely and keep their trash in their cars until they get home but we all know that's not going to happen.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Smokers suck. If they don't give a **** about their own bodies how do you expect them to give a **** about your own. Mush less the environment.

This is why smokers suck.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't know him at the time but I have a friend who was seriously injured by a driver who opened their door. The fact that my friend survived is amazing.

A guy did that around here. He was mad and opened his door when he say a motorcycle lane splitting. The motorcycle flipped the driver off, the front wheel swung around, came back in the car, and killed him. Instant justice.

Mgarza_a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smokers suck. If they don't give a **** about their own bodies how do you expect them to give a **** about your own. Mush less the environment.

This is why smokers suck.

As long as we are making broad generalizations.... Motorcyclists are 30 time more likely to be fatally injured in an accident. Why would anyone ride a motorcyle? Oh thats right personal freedom and all. No offense to motorcyclists as I am an avid rider.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as we are making broad generalizations.... Motorcyclists are 30 time more likely to be fatally injured in an accident. Why would anyone ride a motorcyle? Oh thats right personal freedom and all. No offense to motorcyclists as I am an avid rider.

Thing is, if someone rides a motorcycle, nobody is forced to ride with them. Heck, that's even the case with smokeless tobacco. When a friend dips snuff, I don't have to dip it with them. However, when someone stands in front of the hospital next to the sign asking them not to smoke on the premises and lights up. I have to smoke with them in order to get in the door. This is also true when they light up at the little league game in the park, at the fair and wherever else non-smokers are when they light up. It just can't be contained.

I have pretty bad asthma and smoke is one thing that sets it off. My lungs can start locking up with someone smoking on the other side of the parking lot. It sucks. However, I do understand it's an addiction and easier to say quit than to actually do it. Therefore, I have no problem with the person who walks into the distance to smoke even when some drifts toward me. It's the guy who lights up in the crowd that hacks me off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom