So Much for Bud's Gun Shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gun001guns

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a gun from budspolicesupply.com it took over two weeks just to get to the "shipping" status and another two days and three phone calls to actually be shipped. I called three times and two of the three I was on hold for well over an hour and over hour and half the last time. Then once I got a manager they were rude to me. Needless to say I'm pissed, however the SW E series 1911 I bought cost me $958 and local would have been $1500.

My son bought a Taurus judge From buds gunship a day before I bought mine had the same issues minus the phone calls and got it the day before I got mine.

We'll buy again if it's enough of a savings.

1fast8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one thing I know is true is they do publish neg feedback cuz i left neg on 2nd gun i got from them (got a phonecall from pres of company in less than 10 mins)
most of my purchases from them shipped very fast had a prob with one order and it is not fun trying to get a hold of a real person at buds.
I buy most of my guns locally at 2A the service is worth a little extra but every now and then the price is sheap enough to deal with buds

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate to be a party pooper, but FFL holder is prohibited from selling or delivering a handgun to a person under 21 by federal law.

I am no lawyer - but technically you committed a misdemeanor of second degree by paying FFL holder for a handgun while underage. Since you already turned 21 - you might be charged with felony of forth degree.

I'll be surprised if you see your gun or your money.

P.S. Bud's shop is probably crapping bricks - since what you did sounds like a "setup".

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Again, my biggest complaint is that they said my gun would ship within 3-7 business days. To me and probably anyone else with a brain, that means that it will be on its way to me. By Buds' logic, it seems that "ship" means that they'll move it to a different part of their warehouse for a while before it legitimately ships.

To cover my bases though, I have called my FFL just to make sure they didn't somehow ship it and forget to let me know. No dice on that one. It's pretty much obvious to me at this point that Buds didn't actually have my gun in stock. It's been in "shipping" for 3 solid business days and it still hasn't left their facility. You can say all you want that "that's the hidden cost of buying online," but it sounds to me like Buds either needs someone to audit their shipping process or quit lying about inventory.

Perhaps the best thing you will get out of all of this is a little more skepticism about what people promise. Don't be surprised when people selling things overstate their position. Take all the promises you hear and add the words "Generally" or "Mostly" when you hear "In Stock" or ships next day. Buds' and every other business is going to "Talk up" their good side and their good expereinces. You aren't going to hear them tell you about their worst. Businesses are all over the map on their honesty threshholds. Some businesses will not promise anything unless they absolutely "Can" deliver their promise. They will make good in a big way if they miss their promise in the least. Other businesses operate off of more of a promise to get you in the door and so what if they fail some percentage of the time.

When your buying something and they promise this or that ask them what they will do if this or that does not happen. Their answers to those questions will give you some insight into how much they care about their promise and how likely you are to get what they are promising.

Latest posts

Top Bottom