So what's your favorite hot dog?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't really have a favorite I like them all for the most part as long as it doesn't have canned cheese on it, and I wont go out of my way for a nathan's to me they taste like all the other store dogs I normally buy at siegi's but those are the top dog they are just better than what you see at walmart.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the Oscar angus beef dogs this past weekend and they were a serviceable option for sure but not quite like Nathan's or Hebrew National.

I was reading a thread on a foodie forum (what can I say, I love food) and when not using a grill many of them used this method and it was delicious. Put a little water in the pan initially and let then roll in it and cook until about half done then pour out a little bit (if enough hadn't evaporated out) and add a little butter to finish them off. Delicious. In my adult life I basically never ate hot dogs unless we were grilling but this changed that a little bit. Add some homemade chili and cheddar cheese and oh mama! :)

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I miss those old Taylor weenies you know the red ones. But now the beef ones are the only decent ones in the big store. Those turkey and those chicken ones ain't even good enough for my dogs.
I look forward to trying the boomstick at the next ranger game.

davek

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've recently switched to the Oscar Meyer uncured Angus beef hot dogs. I also have a weakness for an occasional visit to the Original Coney Islander near 21st and Garnett, chili, cheese, onion and mustard for me. And a Frito chili pie, same way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom