So what's your favorite hot dog?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ballpark angus lately... grilled and lightly charred. Over charcoal if I can, but gas will suffice if nothing else is being cooked. Tried Nathan's once from the meat market and didn't see what all the hype was about.

Personally, I like all the different types of sausages out now more. A veritable plethora of sausages. :D

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ballpark bun length on a King's Hawaiian hot dog bun with French's yellow mustard, and grilled Vidalia onions and Bavarian style kraut.

I grill my onions and kraut in a cast iron skillet with a good thick pad of real butter, a dash of coarse ground black pepper and a liberal splashing of Lea & Perrins worcestershire sauce. Wow! :w000t:

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
When the girls come to visit we cook our hot dogs in the smoker.

They like the cheap ones, and they sure eat them up.

It has been a while since I had a good smoked hot link. I'll have to get some Schwab's this weekend.

jstaylor62

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a package of Nathan's Dinner Beef Franks last night. I will try those this weekend.

As for chili cheese dogs, I can only eat my own with my homemade chili. I can't stand that canned hot dog chili.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nathans or Hebrew National if we're talkin' your basic "hot dog" here on a regular plain old white-bread hot dog bun with mustard, chili and onions. If we can broaden our culinary horizons a bit to include "hot links" as well as "hot dogs" then Braum's makes an awesome hot link!
havent tried braums hot links but their brats are disgusting!

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At home (in order):
Hebrew National
Nathan's
Ball Park all beef

But nothing beats a dirty water dog from a street vendor cart in NYC!

Any variant should be covered in sauerkraut and spicy mustard

Latest posts

Top Bottom